Can anyone identify this Indian Wars officer belt?

StuffsAreBeast

StuffsAreBeast

I recently picked up what seems to be an Indian War Officers belt, however even with my prior knowledge on these types of belts and research online I am unable to find a specific designation for this belt. It has many similarities to types that I have found, yet it has characteristics that I have not seen anywhere else. My conclusion is that it could likely be a private purchase, but I am not sure. 

Does anyone have an idea?

PXL_20230107_224619443.MP.jpg

PXL_20230107_225919632.MP.jpg

Sorry I can't help with the ID part, 

I was looking up their trademark, But that didn't start till later on. But found this info.

Not sure how accurate that date is, that would put that out of the Indian war timeframe.

Found this on Medalbook 

"It is generally believed that this firm was founded in 1906 by Nathan S. Meyer in New York. This company, located at 79 5th Ave, was considered an army equipment store. His father, Simon N. Meyer, was a clothing merchant whose business began selling “gold and silver trimmings” and eventually was listed under “Regalia” in the directors in the 1880s and 1890s. It is believed that Nathan played an active role in this business. This explains why some sources state that N.S Meyer have created medals for the Army since the late 19th century."

Semper Fi

Phil

StuffsAreBeast

Thanks Phil!

I do remember seeing this somewhere, although I looked into belts of the time as off the top of my head they stopped using this style of belt after about 1900. I will look more into it and come back.

Military schools often used this exact style belt and buckle and continue to do so to this day.  I wore this type belt and buckle when I was a cadet at The Citadel. 

Even though The US Army still wears this style buckle, it is worn only with the dress brocade belt and this has been the case since the around the Spanish American War era.  
I’m thinking it’s a military school cadet belt from the early 1900’s. 

StuffsAreBeast
9 minutes ago, KurtA said:

Military schools often used this exact style belt and buckle and continue to do so to this day.  I wore this type belt and buckle when I was a cadet at The Citadel. 

Even though The US Army still wears this style buckle, it is worn only with the dress brocade belt and this has been the case since the around the Spanish American War era.  
I’m thinking it’s a military school cadet belt from the early 1900’s. 

Hm it would make sense although when looking it up I struggle to find any photos with a belt anything similar to this, with both dress uniforms in the army past the 19th century, and cadets as you mentioned.