I hope this was a good deal on WASP reunion wings

Noelle

@Noelle,

People complain about eBay, yet it remains one of the best marketplaces for determining value.

For something as uncommonly encountered as these WASP reunion wings, it will always be difficult to firmly establish a value.  There just aren't enough sales to get a consistent baseline.  

One approach is to track sales over a long enough time frame.  Over a sufficient span, that will usually get you in the ballpark. Still, in any given moment the market ultimately determines the value.  While it is true that sometimes two bidders can get into a bidding war and artificially drive up the price above market, you can take comfort that a not-insignificant number of other bidders bid within 20% of your winning amount.  That is a strong indicator that you were at least near the target.

I have no doubt too that Tod's(@rathbonemuseum.com) pedagogy was sound--He is one of the truly fine people in the wing hobby!

Nice wing!

Chris

10 hours ago, cwnorma said:

@Noelle,

People complain about eBay, yet it remains one of the best marketplaces for determining value.

For something as uncommonly encountered as these WASP reunion wings, it will always be difficult to firmly establish a value.  There just aren't enough sales to get a consistent baseline.  

One approach is to track sales over a long enough time frame.  Over a sufficient span, that will usually get you in the ballpark. Still, in any given moment the market ultimately determines the value.  While it is true that sometimes two bidders can get into a bidding war and artificially drive up the price above market, you can take comfort that a not-insignificant number of other bidders bid within 20% of your winning amount.  That is a strong indicator that you were at least near the target.

I have no doubt too that Tod's(@rathbonemuseum.com) pedagogy was sound--He is one of the truly fine people in the wing hobby!

Nice wing!

Chris

I’m happy with it. 😁 Came in at under half of my last-7-seconds high bid. 

I’ve got a lot of respect for what Tod’s got to say on pretty much anything, and am so glad I found this place when I decided it was time to start the search for one of the original wings, which I did get, and the info I got here, down to the weight to look for and how the glaze wore over the years, was invaluable. :