KIA Photos

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Pretty telling, and they aren't pretty. I'd like to ID the period. Quilted uniforms made me think of North Korean or Chinese soldiers. Helmets and leg wraps look Japanese. There are helmets on the ground (look Japanese as well) and one, as best as I can get magnified, appears to have a Police badge on the face of it. Not a star and more rounded and not straight up and down like a Landing Force Anchor.  Scanning the photos more, I see one of the US Sailor / Corpsman is wearing a 2nd Class crow. 

Thoughts on time frame? 

KIA 1.jpg

KIA 2.jpg

KIA 3.jpg

KIA 4.jpg

interesting images.  I would lean towards taken during the Korean War.  I know the North Koreas used some captured WWII Japanese gear.  But I would also think some Chinese troops would have had some captured gear as well.  But I would bet it is Korean War communist forces regardless.

easterneagle87

I posted this L-5 shot in the aircraft section, but it was included in the lot I got. So that's why I'm leaning towards Korean War era. Additionally, you don't often see cold weather or quilted uniforms on Japanese soldiers in KIA shots. AND I don't think these are of the Aleutian Campaign. Look at the overcoat/parka the GI's are wearing. They may be Marines.     

L-15 Sweet Bert.jpg

When it comes to issue items----- the government would issue stuff till it ran out in some cases---- I have a 1943 dated USMC uniform that was issued to a guy in 1957