Finally found one!

cgutierrez

Finally found a very elusive early 1943 welded neck canteen.  The plus is that it is also in great, excellent shape.   No not that one - the other welded neck canteen made by G.P.&F Co.

CG

Canteen-1.JPG

Canteen-2.JPG

Yes, it appears to be one.  My understanding is that there were only two makers of the welded neck canteens starting in early 1942.  One is, like yours', made by VOLLRATH and the other is GP&F Co.  The VOLLRATH maker is the much more common of the two.  I have two VOLLRATHs in my collection and have been looking for a GP&F in good condition for quite a while.

CG

• 2 weeks later...
Irishcollector
On 12/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, cgutierrez said:

Yes, it appears to be one.  My understanding is that there were only two makers of the welded neck canteens starting in early 1942.  One is, like yours', made by VOLLRATH and the other is GP&F Co.  The VOLLRATH maker is the much more common of the two.  I have two VOLLRATHs in my collection and have been looking for a GP&F in good condition for quite a while.

CG

Thanks for your reply ! I thought so as I have one of the other Vollraths and noticed the different neck. Have you ever got a hold of a Rutenber Electric Co 1943 or a PP Inc they seem to be very hard to find

Irishcollector,

Glad I could be of some help.  Yes, I have a Rutenber Electric Co.. 1943 (two in fact) and a PP Inc.  My PP Inc. is the harder to find 1944 dated in minty condition.  I once had a 1943 dated one but unfortunately sold it.  Can't understand why I did that.

CG

Irishcollector
On 12/26/2022 at 6:26 PM, cgutierrez said:

Irishcollector,

Glad I could be of some help.  Yes, I have a Rutenber Electric Co.. 1943 (two in fact) and a PP Inc.  My PP Inc. is the harder to find 1944 dated in minty condition.  I once had a 1943 dated one but unfortunately sold it.  Can't understand why I did that.

CG

Thanks for the reply CG nice finds that you have those ! There’s a PP Inc dated 1943 on eBay at the moment but it’s a bit pricey for $150