how to clean canvas

junior

please and thank you how are you guys cleaning your usgi canvas field gear etc. i looked on you tube with neg results. i recently acquired two  3 x 7 canvas pouch with pull sting cinch bag and am washing it in a 5 gallon bucket stirring occasionaly with a plastic pvc  rod for agitation the second one has boyt 1942 ink stamp on it and i dont want to wash it off. its kinda light colored and just dirty there are like five diff colors with surplus kacki od3 od 7  mustard so confusing...i will  await on the second bag till i hear from you guys thank in advance for your time and consideration.. sorry no pics dont know how to do that yet

How about a pic? What are you washing and why? It sounds like you're trying to clean old cartridge belt bandage pouches? Leave them alone. They're readily available in any color you want

thank you iron...don't no how to post pix yet. Washing a 3" x7" drawstring cinch bag. They are not cartridge belt pouches I'm pretty sure...washing only cause they are dirty...want to keep them in a clean and serviceable condition, was originally going to use them to hold my pocket change...they kinda seem like they are a rifle cleaning kit pouch if anything, but no contents and or stamps other than the one stamped boyt 1942.plus they seem kinda small...and I don't think they are a small spare parts bag, have found all kinds of interesting items since starting to collect.... the one I did wash is already dry and came out very nice n clean but I'm being cautious with the one that has the stamp haven't touched it yet. Maybe an eyeglass pouch? will have to learn how to post pix..couldn't go wrong for a sturdy 10$ bag..nice colors I think early war not really a green shade almost like a tan greenish shade... string is a 3/16 cotton twist rope..