Captain Arthur F O'Malley

Jimnz

Hello

Can you confirm the numbers for the following Decorations and Medals which the above named officer received for World War One service in the 2nd Ammunition Train , 2nd Division;

Silver Star numbered 3124 named to Arthur F. O'Malley

NY Conspicuous Service Cross 1917-19 numbered 2338

NY World War Medal numbered 89979

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Jim

The CSC 2338 is his. There is no listing for NY State War Service Medal 89979, the state's records for this medal have large gaps. There is no published roll for First War Silver Star Medals. The award record would have been typed on an index card, now maintained by NARA II. If you want a copy, it's best to contact a researcher. The serial number on the card will be close to the serial number on the medal, but that's moot since these medals were issued named.

• 1 month later...

The numbered Silver Star would have his name engraved on it. Every single Silver Star awarded for WWI service between 1932 and 1941 is engraved with no exceptions. That means it must be his since you said its named, unless someone buffed off another name and re-engraved it. 

Thank you for your reply. Named/numbered American decorations are new to me.... this is the first one I have purchased for my collection...always wanted a WW1 Silver Star.

Kind regards

Jim