The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

Cobra 6 Actual

Here is another of the Kabul CIBs that Forum member Sivart had made:

post-159798-0-12643400-1529774038.jpeg

The reverse is the same as in his posting #1842. Extremely well made in silver with lapis lazuli. The silvery looking flecks are iron pyrite. Using the four acorn GEMSCO pattern was definitely a success. Thanks, again, Sivart!

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't posted in a bit, so here's a few pickups of mine from the past couple of months.

First up is a neat hand embroidered badge from Desert Storm era - Saudi or possibly Kuwaiti made.

post-122639-0-41440100-1532103862.jpg

Me too! I have an older issue of a Military Collectibles magazine that has a B&W picture of a similar badge, I'd been looking for one for some time.

Here's another one I have with an M16 instead of a musket. They both use black thread for rifle and rectangle and green thread for the wreath. Side by side they look very similar in construction.

post-122639-0-93779900-1532123293.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's two new additions. A theater made (Afghan I think) badge on ACU pattern and a badge by Ed Piera, Inc. This one isn't particularly special, but I've been looking for a P-24 marked badge for awhile.

post-122639-0-14496200-1534978842.jpg

post-122639-0-58484300-1534978854.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
BILL THE PATCH

Do you think it was made this way, or could it be an unfinished piece? They never added the blue. It is very nice, I'm just wondering

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MilRGRHistory

Here's two new additions. A theater made (Afghan I think) badge on ACU pattern and a badge by Ed Piera, Inc. This one isn't particularly special, but I've been looking for a P-24 marked badge for awhile.

Here is mine on very similar material that I received directly from the Soldier still on his uniform (with theater made E6) he got it in Kuwait or Iraq but cant remember which. Circa 2007.

post-153545-0-94844700-1539215120_thumb.jpeg

Cobra 6 Actual

Nice one, MilRGRHistory! Patches, here is the reverse of that bullion patch:

post-159798-0-04495200-1539270477.jpeg

There is a bit of glue residue on the cotton backing, but otherwise it looks good. BILL THE PATCH, I think this is a completed badge, rather than an unfinished one. My guess, and that is all it is, is that this was done in the Vietnam era when white on OD cloth patches were more common. But, usually, I see those as screen-printed, or woven of plain white thread. Those white cotton thread (or white screen-printed) on OD patches were used before we switched over to the common subdued black on OD patches. Other opinions are very welcome.