The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

hirsca,

Nice badges. I really like the mini.

Thanks Jim. Do you have any info on my "acorn or not" question?

Merry Christmas!

Al Hirschler in Dallas.

Thanks Jim. Do you have any info on my "acorn or not" question?

Merry Christmas!

Al Hirschler in Dallas.

These are a sideline for me, but I think I've only seen the acorns on Gemsco pieces.

Close up of the back[/size Thanks Jim for posting the photos. I found this one at an antique show. If this is a muti piece pin , what would the count be? I thought NS Meyer marked their badges. I have a Meyer EIB w/ their marks but I do not know the age of either one.Info please.\

Dale

post-78-1293215447.jpg

Posting these pictures for abbysdad. Nice badge that looks Meyer to me with a custom pin.

I have seen that wreath before, I kept the picture but can't remember where I got it from.......... most likely eBay. I would guess that it is either a Gemsco or Meyers, a better shot of the rifle might be helpful.

Thats a great Gemsco Jim, nice find.

post-2876-1293262464.jpg

I have seen that wreath before, I kept the picture but can't remember where I got it from.......... most likely eBay. I would guess that it is either a Gemsco or Meyers, a better shot of the rifle might be helpful.

Thats a great Gemsco Jim, nice find.

I searched the whole CIB forum and found a post by Kfields on Oct. 6 2007 with a front and back photo. He did not have any info on the badge. The rifle is an attached piece as is all other parts. Is this a multi piece badge?

Dale

These are a sideline for me, but I think I've only seen the acorns on Gemsco pieces.

Yes, my full size one is GEMSCO, but the mini is S21--SUSCO/Harry Sugarman, Inc., San Antonio, TX.

I'm still confused by the illustration in the Army Regs that shows the acorns on the wreath, but most of the wreathes on this thread do not have them. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas. :think:

Hi ALL,

Here's one on a 1967 dated M-65 field jacket to a Sgt. that I picked up at a garage sale this spring. I was amazed that all the insignia was still on it. I picked up three or four others in metal throughout the summer and fall, one with a small 33rd ID grouping.

Terry

post-629-1293410030.jpg

post-629-1293410331.jpg

Just a little off topicbut I thought you all would like to see them. A CIB second award flatware set, including meat fork, salad fork, spoon and knife. All made by ONEIDA, and marked "PREMIER STAINLESS". These came from a Korean War vets estate. Enjoy!

Terry

post-629-1293596790.jpg

post-629-1293596807.jpg

Yes, my full size one is GEMSCO, but the mini is S21--SUSCO/Harry Sugarman, Inc., San Antonio, TX.

I'm still confused by the illustration in the Army Regs that shows the acorns on the wreath, but most of the wreathes on this thread do not have them. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas. :think:

O.K. "Forummers," anyone have an answer about why some wreaths have acorns, but most don't? Post #533 has a pic from the regs. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

• 2 weeks later...
O.K. "Forummers," anyone have an answer about why some wreaths have acorns, but most don't? Post #533 has a pic from the regs. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

I would say it was simply a manufacturers design issue. I had only seen them on Gemsco until the earlier mini was posted with them.

• 2 weeks later...
I would say it was simply a manufacturers design issue. I had only seen them on Gemsco until the earlier mini was posted with them.

I have also seen HLI and Danmark mini's with acorns, both first and second award variations. Thats four makers known to use acorns, anyone know of any more?

• 3 weeks later...

2 of my 3. Quite heavy, unmarked by a maker or with sterling. Slightly concave, excellent enamel, thick badge. The muskets are separate pieces in the construction. Not sure the era of manufacture or issue but was impressed so I always kept them.

post-114-1297214153.jpgpost-114-1297214188.jpg

Thanks Jim. Both reverses are the no marks at all, any indication who the maker could be based on that, or would there be too many that did not mark their badges...

T