The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

FrankEaton01
Anyone know just what the numbers following the makers mark mean?

Travis

Nice German-made example! I believe Assman assigned each type of insignia they made a specific number. For example, a CIB is #191, a Command Pilot wing is #320, etc.

Travis,

Nice badge. I love the wreath. Any idea of the era?? WWII or Korea maybe.

Frank - Thanks for the info, I always wondered about that. Makes sense though, the Assmann made EIB pictured earlier in this thread is numbered 190 so this one seems to be in sequence.

Jim - I tried to get more information from the seller, but all he could tell me was that it belonged to his grandpa who was "in the battle of Okinawa". He said his grandfather died many many years ago and that he never knew him and that is all that his grandmother could tell him. He was selling many items that belonged to his grandparents, both of whom are now deceased. There were some military related items, but not to the extent that it appeared as though his grandpa collected militaria, so I am assuming the CIB belonged to him. Sad that the info is lost....

Travis

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I've seen one of these CIB bracelets on the thread yet, here is one I just got. Nice thing is that the soldier engraved his name and ASN on the reverse. I would be suspicious normally, but the patina IN the engraving looks age appropriate and it was done fairly crudely so I'm thinking home made.

post-2876-1269131935.jpg

post-2876-1269131942.jpg

Hey Travis,

Nice badges. The Gemsco are really nice.

Run the ASN # from the bracelet on NARA and see what comes up.

Jim

Don't think I've seen one of these CIB bracelets on the thread yet, here is one I just got. Nice thing is that the soldier engraved his name and ASN on the reverse. I would be suspicious normally, but the patina IN the engraving looks age appropriate and it was done fairly crudely so I'm thinking home made.

Follow up......

post-2876-1269294175.jpg

post-2876-1269294180.jpg

legionnairedu2

Hello to all the friends,

I fell on a professional salesman who has stores it CIB of mark(brand) J.BALME. The prices are not given 80euros the CIB 1awards and 100euros for the second modéle, it all the same dear(expensive) but reasonable. He(it) has stores 3 details(rooms) C.I.B 1 award and 3 awards details(rooms) C.I.B 2 the new whole.

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

Different looking 2nd award, the blue background is a piece of blue plastic. The badge is fairly heavy for its size, just over 2 inches.

post-2876-1270930804.jpg

post-2876-1270930809.jpg

vostoktrading
Hello to all the friends,

I fell on a professional salesman who has stores it CIB of mark(brand) J.BALME. The prices are not given 80euros the CIB 1awards and 100euros for the second modéle, it all the same dear(expensive) but reasonable. He(it) has stores 3 details(rooms) C.I.B 1 award and 3 awards details(rooms) C.I.B 2 the new whole.

Fred

J. Balme is a French maker, yes? Do you have photos? Jon.

• 2 weeks later...

Some cloth that just arrived. The Italian made one just might be my new favorite. The second one is a modern made copy, but it was so well done that I grabbed it anyways.

post-2876-1271713617.jpg

Travis,

Those are nice. When I saw you selling CIB's I thought either you were bailing or the world was coming to an end. Glad you're still in it. It's been a while but I have one I've been looking for on the way. Maybe it will arrive today.

Jim

Travis,

Those are nice. When I saw you selling CIB's I thought either you were bailing or the world was coming to an end. Glad you're still in it. It's been a while but I have one I've been looking for on the way. Maybe it will arrive today.

Jim

I decided to part with some of my items to allow me to focus my efforts a bit more narrowly. And I needed a new table saw. Don't worry though, I'm not bailing!

Nice one Jim. Thanks to a forum member I was also able to pick up a screwback example, though yours looks to be in better shape! :thumbsup:

I really like how the German variations seem to come in different shades of blue, makes them stick out more.

post-2876-1271979669.jpg

JPMMILITARY
Here are a few of my CIBs to get the ball rolling. The top CIB is the standard 3-inch version:

CIB_Group_1.jpg

NICE COLLECTION, I DID NOT KNOW THEY CAME IN THIS MANEY SIZES.......

• 2 weeks later...

My newest German made CIB. Can any of you TR guys id the maker from the pin and catch? Is that even possible?

Plus, I got a partner for my Assmann en route as I type this..............

post-2876-1272916157.jpg

post-2876-1272916162.jpg

Jim Baker
100% fake !!! sold in Germany

just added 3 gold stars (taken from a Dominican Republic rank insignia) at a silver CIB

look at the price, just faked to make money.

http://cgi.ebay.de/US-Orden-Gold-Uniform-A...=item3cacc59a4a

Where is the Shooting command to stop this ...

Michael

I think this one is pretty obvious to anyone who has collected these for any length of time. Thanks for posting. You might also post this in the fakes section of the forum.