The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

Cobra 6 Actual

You nailed it, Bill! Even without the hallmark and the 925 we can tell it is made in Germany ... those detailed veined leaves are classic.

BILL THE PATCH

I wanted to look closer at it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get it back on. Its very tight. Looks Italian made

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bill, here are three I have been able to find with the Division pin attached. My thought has been that this was something done after the war to show what unit you served in or for reunions. I have seen a few other 1st ID examples. No others for 10th MTN or 36th ID. Yours is the first time I have seen 34th ID as well. Note the similar pin-back on my 36th and your 34th.

-Bob

post-122639-0-79380100-1540067088.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

I love that 36th and the pin looks like the same. I think the pins are theater made in Italy. The pin fasnter looks like some DUIs I have that are Italian made. I have a 27th I'd uniform that has a screwback on it. Only one I've seen on a uniform.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a interesting one. This isn't mine but I pulled the pictures from eBay.

It is in rough shape, but I haven't seen a CIB/ribbon rack before with snaps on the back for attachment.

I assume this would be so you could remove the badge/ribbons in order to clean the jacket.

post-122639-0-60870700-1540833977_thumb.jpg

Here's a interesting one. This isn't mine but I pulled the pictures from eBay.

It is in rough shape, but I haven't seen a CIB/ribbon rack before with snaps on the back for attachment.

I assume this would be so you could remove the badge/ribbons in order to clean the jacket.

Very nice. I wonder if some one here won the auction

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I received a WWII Ike this past week and temporarily removed its CIB for photos then returned it to it's original position. I hope you like it.

Thanks,

James

post-159199-0-19784200-1543248044_thumb.jpgpost-159199-0-52874800-1543248054_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an interesting EIB that was on eBay - the reason I post it here is that one would think if this particular company made an EIB they would have also made a CIB - has anyone seen a CIB in this style? I'm stumped as to where this was made, I've not seen a textured back like this before.

post-122639-0-56659700-1544545799.jpg

Here is an interesting EIB that was on eBay - the reason I post it here is that one would think if this particular company made an EIB they would have also made a CIB - has anyone seen a CIB in this style? I'm stumped as to where this was made, I've not seen a textured back like this before.

I’m not sure where it was made, but I LIKE it,

lakenormanusa

I wondering if this was actually a badge due to it's large size.

I can't remember the exact dimensions, but it seems like it was over 4" in length.

lakenormanusa

Haven't posted in quite a while, here are some new additions to the collection.

Great badges. I'm a big fan of those Gemsco"s

Is the British EIB marked Ludlow London?

This grouping represents the service of the ONLY USMA Graduate who was a POW prior to graduating from West Point. During WWII he was an enlisted man serving with the "Golden Lions" , the 422nd Infantry , 106th Infantry Division who was captured during the Battle of the Bulge.

The most interesting piece is his USMA Cadet robe which he put a number of pieces of his insignia on. The CIB is ususual because the background is USAF blue, since that was his branch of service after he graduated.

01604c23fc0eddb51e8effb686b6106a01a6fe1aa7.jpg

011e2676f689bc6e9da293010b313965bbde0db7ba.jpg