The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

BILL THE PATCH

Here's a few I picked up recently, not sure where there made except for the Sterling one, any help in determining origin of the cloth and bullion cib would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advancepost-11207-0-17001700-1518913560_thumb.jpgpost-11207-0-92620000-1518913590_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Thanks, I have similar one for the 27th div, it's on s named uniform. Now I have one from both theaters.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I picked up at SOS this year. There were quite a few CIBs for sale this year so I tried to just focus on finding some oddballs. The badge in the top right corner and the one in the bottom left are the two gems here. Top right is I believe an unauthorized "forward observer" badge from the Korean War. Bottom left is a two piece badge, heavy brass, and screw back. First two piece screw back I have ever seen. I think it is a German made EIB that had a wreath added. Hard to tell if the wreath is German made, but I don't think it is.

post-122639-0-88880100-1519695339_thumb.jpg

Great finds, that forward observer one is really cool! Lot of interesting CIB's on this thread, especially love that bloody bucket one Bill!

Hunt

Cobra 6 Actual

Yep, that UA Observer one is really nice, rd12. Ditto on the wristband. I have seen several of those that look like the holes for the chain were made by pounding a nail through. Your’s looks much more nicely done.

Cobra 6 Actual

Thanks, Sivart. My somewhat vague recollection is that I bought them at the Quartermaster Clothing Sales Store at Ft. Myer, VA.

Cobra 6 Actual

Those four acorn GEMSCOs do turn up, Jack. Meanwhile, here is an N.S. Meyer 8th Award CIB with the stars in a pyramid (instead of in the correct arc shape):

post-159798-0-70287300-1520516125.jpeg

Since these were never issued, most people believe these were salesmen's samples.