The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

Here are my recent additions from the SOCALMICS Show this past weekend in LA. British, German, Italian, Vietnamese, bullion... was able to get a little bit of everything.

post-122639-0-07496900-1448940297.jpg

Cobra 6 Actual

Here are my recent additions from the SOCALMICS Show this past weekend in LA. British, German, Italian, Vietnamese, bullion... was able to get a little bit of everything.

Excellent scores, Bob!

Cobra 6 Actual

Got this several weeks ago from another Forum member: the long quested for J. Balme CIB.

The clasps are not original to this CIB, but fortunately I had some spare Balme ones from some of their jump wings. Anyway, although I'll continue to add to my CIB collection, this Balme CIB was THE one CIB I wanted most.

This is NOT the correct photo ... Sorry, y'all, somehow I uploaded the wrong one. Have to figure how to correct this.

post-123-0-90770300-1449015585.jpg

I agree thats a great group of variations.

The Big 2nd Award CIB.

post-34986-0-69493300-1449030573.jpg

It's Korea, date 1952-53, unit, Infantry, unknown. A detailed and handsomely executed placard/signage of sorts, I would imagine to be nailed to a HQ bunker or such behind the MLR Trenches.

Here's another one I was able to acquire recently. This is not only the finest bullion CIB I have ever seen, but is one of the nicest pieces of bullion insignia I have ever seen in person.

Craftsmanship is second to none. This badge appears in Michael Tucker's book.

post-122639-0-44590200-1449108179.jpg

Got this several weeks ago from another Forum member: the long quested for J. Balme CIB.

The clasps are not original to this CIB, but fortunately I had some spare Balme ones from some of their jump wings. Anyway, although I'll continue to add to my CIB collection, this Balme CIB was THE one CIB I wanted most.

This is NOT the correct photo ... Sorry, y'all, somehow I uploaded the wrong one. Have to figure how to correct this.

attachicon.gifrps20151201_191835.jpg

Great score! Its my understanding that these were made in the 1980's. Since they were made in France they were not Berry Compliant ( Berry Amendment 10 U.S.C. 2533a ). They were available as a private purchase to soldiers stationed in Europe. More research needed on these. Incredibly hard to find, I have only ever seen 2 or 3 come up for sale.

Cobra 6 Actual

Great score! Its my understanding that these were made in the 1980's. Since they were made in France they were not Berry Compliant ( Berry Amendment 10 U.S.C. 2533a ). They were available as a private purchase to soldiers stationed in Europe. More research needed on these. Incredibly hard to find, I have only ever seen 2 or 3 come up for sale.

Yes ... and, you, of course have one, too! Thanks, rd12!

Cobra 6 Actual

Here's another one I was able to acquire recently. This is not only the finest bullion CIB I have ever seen, but is one of the nicest pieces of bullion insignia I have ever seen in person.

Wow, that is a BEAUTY, sir!

That is certainly an amazingly beautiful bullion badge!!

-Brian

I found this unique CIB at a gun show in Phoenix this weekend, mixed in with a bunch of misc. insignia. Two piece construction, the rifle was separately applied. Made from brass with a silver finish, most of the finish has rubbed off the rifle. Nice enamel. I'm thinking this is Japanese made but not 100%. The design of the rifle is unlike any others I have.

post-122639-0-83658500-1449430998.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a better look at one of the badges I picked up at the SOCALMIC Show. I had been looking for a badge with these paricular markings for awhile - 1/20 SILVER FILLED KREW G-I.

post-122639-0-73507900-1450888782.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely beautiful. I think this is the finest bullion CIB I have seen. Congratulations!!