The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

So....this thread has been pretty quiet lately. Here are a few pics to maybe get it going. Some recent badges I have bought over the past month.

Here are two embroidered and two bullion examples;

post-122639-0-23529100-1415383101.jpg

Looks to be AG44

How many Battle Stars were on the EAME ribbon, if only one it would seem a odd placement, right? centered if a single star, dead center on ribbon.

Good catch. I was wondering that myself. I have a another rack like this that is missing a battle star, but there is a clear indention showing where it once was. This particular rack has no such indications that it ever had another star. Could be I am missing the evidence of another star, or perhaps the soldier wanted to show (Itay) in what theater he served?

Good catch. I was wondering that myself. I have a another rack like this that is missing a battle star, but there is a clear indention showing where it once was. This particular rack has no such indications that it ever had another star. Could be I am missing the evidence of another star, or perhaps the soldier wanted to show (Itay) in what theater he served?

Yeah, from where I,m sitting with zooming in, I too don't see any holes/blemishes where additional star devices fell/came off, or otherwise removed.

• 2 months later...

And finally the third award. I believe this one to be an original. Unfortunately when I bought it along with the second award, the dealer did not know who it belonged to because it was on consignment. I wish I could somehow do research on it.

Thaddeus

post-156428-0-70419900-1421202637.jpg

post-156428-0-77818000-1421202635.jpg

Here is a bullion badge I purchased recently. Nice craftsmanship; bullion thread and black thread over what looks to be blue silk. Interesting red backing.

post-122639-0-94046200-1421204412.jpg

Another bullion badge I bought from a few months ago. This was once on a uniform, it has some thread remnants and holes around the edge. High quality bullion craftsmanship, interesting detail here is the blue thread in the wreath.

Last month I was able to purchase this badge, still in the original wrapper. It matches almost exactly the previous badge I posted, even the backing is the same. Both badges are GEMSCO manufactured.

post-122639-0-77351200-1421204792.jpg

And finally the third award. I believe this one to be an original. Unfortunately when I bought it along with the second award, the dealer did not know who it belonged to because it was on consignment. I wish I could somehow do research on it.

Thaddeus

attachicon.gif4.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

This is a nice find. HLP - His Lordship Products. The GI & 1/20 SF would put this badge from between 1963 & 1975. However, the third award means it probably came later, late 1960's to 1975 (when the 1/20 SF content was eliminated). At any rate, third award CIBs ( especially these early ones ) are always cool to find. I highly encourage anyone collecting CIBs to pick up Mike Tucker's book.

• 1 month later...

just finished reading through the whole thread, its another great facet of collecting all on its own.

Thought id add some of the more interesting CIBs off some uniforms in my collection.

post-117117-0-99349200-1425184457.jpg

post-117117-0-11867500-1425184536.jpg

post-117117-0-56526600-1425184540.jpg

heavily weathered US made CIB, almost white in colour. second pic looks to be embroidered on some kind of grayish uniform cloth but unsure.

post-117117-0-83542500-1425184924.jpg

post-117117-0-35217800-1425185009.jpg

Ryan,

Those are some awesome direct embroidered pieces you have, I am still looking to add one (or more) to my collection. I also really like the CIB/CMB uniform, not too often that you see those worn in tandem. Great pics!

Travis