The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

• 1 month later...

Here;s one that was posted in an E-Bay link recently, I thought I might save the images and add it here, a direct embroided CIB above custom ribbons on a 80th Inf Div officers OD wool shirt, all early German made I suppose.

post-34986-0-88290400-1372306106.jpgpost-34986-0-47828100-1372306117.jpg

Here is my contribution to this topic. Attributed to Edward J. Monahan RA6139430. The blue field is porcelain rather than enamel.

2zhiexl.jpg

• 2 months later...

I never get tired of looking at this thread. CIBs are the coolest award ever designed by the Army!!! CAB is not bad but could have used some background color to make the Knife and Grenade Stand out.

John

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifIMG_3019.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_3018.JPG

Heres a crude Vietnamese made example (I think)

That's a very similar design to one I posted earlier that my father brought home from Vietnam. That also looks like a Vietnamese made Bronze Star ribbon below the CIB.

These are so crudely made, I always wondered if anyone would actually wear one. Is yours on an attributed uniform? If so, can you show a picture of the other insignia?

Here is a CIB related item that I found interesting.

Because of its late entry to the ETO, the 97th Division was identified as one of the units that would continue its fight in the Pacific.

post-124583-0-73321600-1380383163.jpg

That's a very similar design to one I posted earlier that my father brought home from Vietnam. That also looks like a Vietnamese made Bronze Star ribbon below the CIB.

These are so crudely made, I always wondered if anyone would actually wear one. Is yours on an attributed uniform? If so, can you show a picture of the other insignia?

The CIB is on a uniform from a grouping of have to a Spc in the 1st Cav. The uniform has theatre made ribbons sad well. I'll try to post pics in a few days when I'm off work.

Sean, here are a couple of pics of the Vietnamese made CIB.

post-6201-0-73474300-1380686786.jpg post-6201-0-59670100-1380686848.jpg

and a little more info on my previous thread.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/144393-my-first-cavalry-collection/page-3

• 4 weeks later...