The Combat Infantryman Badge

Steve B.

I agree a second award CIB most likely showing service in WW2 Then Korea.German or English made pin back.I say this as the Japanese made badges of the period are of a thinner material.

RON

Hi all, since the CIB thread has few exaples of the CMB, I would like to see some variants!

Feel free to post them here ;)

Best regards

Carl

craig_pickrall

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...0&start=290

This is the link to the thread that covers:

COMBAT INFANTRY BADGE

EXPERT INFANTRY BADGE

COMBAT MEDIC BADGE

EXPERT MEDIC BADGE

plus any of the unauthorized variations of these badges.

Please post your badges there rather than here. I will end up merging them all together anyway so save me some time please.

I have also been told these clutches are English.

If memory serves, those clutches were used briefly during the 1950's. ASMIC did an article on how to date clutches several years ago, and I remember these because I've run across them before, mostly on ribbons. I've personally never seen them on a WWII-vintage uniform, but I'm not saying it's impossible.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
ALSO RECEIVED THIS IN A RECENT TRADE. TIME FRAME 60'S-70'S?

36-TEX: In 1959 I saw qualified parachutists who served earlier in World War Two and the Korean War wearing these on their sateen green fatigure shirts over the black silk tape with gold letters "U.S.ARMY" over the left pocket. thumbsup.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ( [email protected] ) The tape over the right pocket was white with black letters for the surname.

post-837-1204250656.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was contacted by the daughter of a former member (deceased) of the 707th Tank Battalion fought in the Battle of the Bulge.

According to documents he did not have an infantryman's MOS, but served as an infantryman, and was in battle with the enemy before taken prisoner.

According to Circulars , dated 1943, 1944 combat members of the military were not required an infantryman's MOS to be eligible .

Members of the 192nd and 194th Tank Battalions fought in the Battle of the Philippines were awarded the CIB.

In the ETO during WWII members of the 7th Armored Division were awarded the CIB.

I met a gentleman assigned to the 106th ID with MOS 152 photographer awarded the CIB that authomaticallye entitles the BSM.

As stated in the Purple Heart thread, I believe the only way to enforce the guidelines that apply to WWII veterans is to hire a lawyer.

The photograph provided reveals a tanker with triangle armor pins on his lapel with the CIB on his chest. Records show he was always assigned to a tank unit.

Robert

post-2890-1207161286.jpg

Here is my two piece CIB, took a while to get it but it was well worth the wait. I love the detail on the wreath, CIB's are a favorite of mine.

post-2876-1207163694.jpg

post-2876-1207163727.jpg

Hi there

Can someone tell me what type of the combat medic badge, WWII issue, have been made? I saw hollow back types as well as the ones with a flat backside.

Thanks for your any information

Jürg

Hi there

Can someone tell me what type of the combat medic badge, WWII issue, have been made? I saw hollow back types as well as the ones with a flat backside.

Thanks for your any information

Jürg

I've never seen any hollow-backed ones (not that I'm disputing you)...all the one's I've seen were flat backed, and most have been clutch-back rather than pin-backs. As for "WWII-issue" keep in mind that the badge wasn't instituted until almost the very end of the European phase of the war so I'd imagine it was most likely seen on the uniforms of returning soldiers once they were stateside. Not that it necessarily helps to answer your question, but here's a few links you may find interesting:

http://www.army.mil/symbols/combatbadges/medical.html

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/badges/C...dicalBadges.htm

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/cmb.html

http://www.americal.org/awards/cmb.htm

BOB K. RKSS

I too, have never seen a "hollow back" on this type badge, but I have seen WWII solid back "sterling" with Long hinged Pin.

Thanks guys

Jürg

I too, have never seen a "hollow back" on this type badge, but I have seen WWII solid back "sterling" with Long hinged Pin.

Here's one of mine.

It is a hollowback, with pin. I have seen several of these besides the STERLING marked flat backs.

Some hollowbacks were marked STERLING, some were not.

post-165-1207763426.jpg

post-165-1207763444.jpg

Best,

Carl

here are a couple more. the top one I believe to be German made the bottom one might be Asian made. Anyone know for sure?

post-1604-1208146493.jpg

post-1604-1208146503.jpg

I recently bought an Ike jacket with this combat infantry badge. But I've never seen one like this before. Possibly theater made?

The 2nd No_outside_hosting Photo is no longer available.

post-50776-0-48226700-1399754623.jpg

post-50776-0-64707700-1399754857.png