M1 para helmet

1972firebird

Hey guys, picked up this m1 with a nice westy para liner at a local antique store near my house today. Liked the look and was hoping the leather chincup was real so i took it. The helmet is a swivel bail pot with regular od7 straps not para straps. The liner is a westinghouse rigger. Helmet has a lighter green overpaint. Overall helmet has nice character to it. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me in identifying if the leather chincup is real or not and what time period it is from. I do not have much experience with the para helmets so any advice is much appreciated. At the end of the day the helmet was cheap and the owner of the store was a great guy and a veteran himself. States that he gets helmets im quiet frequently so i will have to stop by again!

4931A3A3-0C01-4E09-85AF-0D32E88E6641.jpeg

2F8B9FA3-2B1F-468F-BE0A-A551711C98B5.jpeg

BB634D62-CF85-4F71-8B68-A2C8D112C21E.jpeg

46F21BBF-CFB7-4D93-B021-F58E1D530796.jpeg

2B0EF818-0540-40E1-B86F-1918F77235D2.jpeg

That looks like a nice rig. The liner is one of the Westinghouse manufactured paras based on the heavy cast alloy buckles (vice a rigger made example). The 5 hole chin cup looks real to me as well. Not uncommon to find standard M1s married with Westinghouse jump liners

I agree with Andy.  However based on the exterior paint on the shell, I believe it to be post-war used ( which was certainly not uncommon).  There is also the clear possibility that somebody married that liner to the shell, long after the war.  

Chincup looks correct.  More often than not, you find the four or five hole canvas chin straps with the Westinghouse liners. Hard to say.

• 2 weeks later...

That certainly doesn't look like a rigger made liner to me. That liner setup is definitely the real deal, WWII manufactured.  Nice find!