WASP Wings for Review

DougO

Would like to get some other opinions on these two sets.  The first one looks good to me.  The second is a bit odd.  The posts look wrong, but perhaps the originals broke off and were replaced???WASP_1a.jpg.280a59a1e76873af170eb723adadf59a.jpgWASP_1b.jpg.78391c07c687b39bda7e0f901b01179c.jpgWASP_2a.jpg.2d349b96c0a024ff47eea6c2f8126f9b.jpgWASP_2b.jpg.30fe92ec1516db636aeb6fe1f1d735a7.jpg

DougO, I agree with your assessment.  I see nothing wrong or suspicious with the first WASP badge illustrated. But, as you pointed-out, the second WASP badge has those poorly placed nail-head studs on the reverse. And, for me, the “JOSTEN STERLING” hallmark is not  crisp like the first example... and from my prospective, appears somewhat incomplete and distorted. 

• 3 weeks later...

Are these for sale somewhere, or some what were recently acquired? When I’m going through a rough spot in aviation (women still get treated like crap a lot, and I’m feeling down right now because of some comments made to me), seeking out something WASP makes me feel better.  So now I must know. 

1 hour ago, Noelle said:

Are these for sale somewhere, or some what were recently acquired? When I’m going through a rough spot in aviation (women still get treated like crap a lot, and I’m feeling down right now because of some comments made to me), seeking out something WASP makes me feel better.  So now I must know. 

Don’t feel too bad.

My family certainly didn’t want to see me fulfill my dream to fly when I was young either.

They claimed it was beneath me and I said that’s the point, I want to rise above it all so it will all be beneath me.

I never did learn to fly and lost interest a long time ago but I love going for a plane ride.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:26 AM, manayunkman said:

Don’t feel too bad.

My family certainly didn’t want to see me fulfill my dream to fly when I was young either.

They claimed it was beneath me and I said that’s the point, I want to rise above it all so it will all be beneath me.

I never did learn to fly and lost interest a long time ago but I love going for a plane ride.

BENEATH you?!  What’s more above most of us than literally FLYING?! That thing humans have wanted to do since the dawn of time?!

You’re literally never too old to learn.  You need a med cert to solo, but you don’t just to fly with someone, and can even do the flying yourself if you’ve got a CFI or someone with a PPL with you.  I don’t know where you are, but should I ever achieve a PPL and be in the same are as you, I’d truly love to take you up.  When I needed in in October, a lovely woman in Oklahoma City took me up and helped encourage me to make some changes in my training that have ended up being vital to me in more ways than one, and trying to share that love is one way to pay it forward. I don’t think Dierdre knows how much what she did means to me. 

My grandmother was the one who never discouraged me or treated me as if wanting to fly was some cute little fancy I got into my head and needed to get over because it was a boy-thing. I wish she was still alive to see that I started it.  I think she’d be proud of that.  Sounds like you and I both needed more people like my grandma and Dierdre.