Help required on possible DUI

Melvin

Hi everyone, 

Recently found two of these crest type DUI. Or well it looks like. Location was close to Aachen Germany at a medical point clearing station or batallion aid station. They have a pin back and as far as I could see on the other there is no stamp. Thanks for your help! 

21584CA6-D076-4F33-9DA3-D15B79BACBF1.png

What makes you think this is a DI as opposed to, say, a civilian pin made for fashion? It appears as if all the enamel (or paint) is gone. The three waves, or commas, or whatever they are, don’t resemble any DI of which I’m familiar.

1 hour ago, tredhed2 said:

What makes you think this is a DI as opposed to, say, a civilian pin made for fashion? It appears as if all the enamel (or paint) is gone. The three waves, or commas, or whatever they are, don’t resemble any DI of which I’m familiar.

Hi tredshed, yeah bit difficult to say. I was doubting aswell. But it was amongst a lot of personal items and a Combat Infantryman Badge. First it was 1 of these and then another. The pattern looked a bit like you see on some artillery DI. And 2 of these close to eachother is a bit strange and I heard a friend of mine found also like 2 close by. So still don’t know where to look for or search for.