What is the age of this flight helmet?

ShibaLegend

That is an SPH-4B, earliest it could possibly be is from later 1991 and on.   It is a correct SPH-4B as well and not just an SPH-4 with the 4B dual visor assembly.  Has the correct color shell, and ear cup retention assembly aside from the dual visor housing making it a factory B.   There should be a tag inside near one of the ear domes with the spec info.

Edit to note these were used early 90s into the early 2000s as they were being replaced by the new HGU-56/P.  Those dymo labels at the back corner should have the ALSE next inspection due date on it to give you an idea when that one was last used.

Also to add to that, these helmets are actually still used, but modified a little by Army Special Operations Aviation in the H-6 series helicopters.

18 hours ago, ShibaLegend said:

Thanks mohawk. Going to pass on it now knowing its from the 90s.

what were they asking on it?  Its a solid 250 dollar helmet in its current state with no ANVIS mount.

Concur, a genuine SPH-4B from the 90's, with the specific dual-visor housing designed to host the ANVIS-6 NVG mount.
150$ is a killer price considering what's available on the used / auction market and prices asked nowadays, I'd definitely NOT pass on that if I were you ! (even if the 90's are not your cup of tea)

• 7 months later...

like already mentioned, it's from the 90s-early 2000s. 150 is fair, I'd probably offer 100 and see what happens