Is this part of a trophy?

sugarface

I’m not even sure this is a military item, but he is in uniform… does anyone recognize this? 
I did an image search, but it just came back with a bunch of bronze statues. Definitely feels more like a trophy. 

20221122_042859_Original.jpg

20221122_042914_Original.jpg

Sugarface, I thought this was an interesting trophy when I saw it for sale and had to buy it. Of course it helped that it wasn't very expensive!

Here's a closeup of the plate on front.

IMG_20210703_150106387.jpg.ce65b71c08fb64af9595d0a0f8c486c7.jpg

So cool! I guess I thought that ribbons and medals were the military version of trophies. I remember every time I won a trophy, what a great feeling - I suppose they would help keep morale up.

Did some more digging, and found this on ebay… but why did my dad have a German trophy? He was stationed there for a while, but that doesn’t tell me much.

E5B2254F-5EE0-4840-9387-298011EEFDAE.png

A6A3B958-D9AC-4F7D-A1F3-0017B1DBEBFA.png

1 hour ago, sugarface said:

Did some more digging, and found this on ebay… but why did my dad have a German trophy? He was stationed there for a while, but that doesn’t tell me much.

When your dad was garrisoned over here during the cold war, he for sure participated in one of the countless US Army - Bundeswehr partnership programm events then. The photos in your last post show exactly one of the typical shooting team awards. In this case of Bundeswehr NCO´s of 1st Co. Battalion 110 (several different Bn with this number did exist).

On 11/25/2022 at 1:57 PM, Proud Kraut said:

When your dad was garrisoned over here during the cold war, he for sure participated in one of the countless US Army - Bundeswehr partnership programm events then. The photos in your last post show exactly one of the typical shooting team awards. In this case of Bundeswehr NCO´s of 1st Co. Battalion 110 (several different Bn with this number did exist).

Meine güte, das ist wunderbar! Danke schön!

(Hope I said that right, it’s been 20 years since I took German) 😊