Die cast/metal WWII plane models

S1991

Hey all,

Perhaps a weird question.. But I'm gathering some display idea for in my display cabinet. And one of those ideas is to have an Army Airforce shelf with engraved medals.

Behind them I was thinking of placing some die cast/metal WWII plane models like a B-17G, P-51D, P-47 etc.

Would anyone happen to know of a vendor who sells quality aircraft models with a pedestal?

And what size should I be looking at? 1/72 or 1/48?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2022 at 1:10 PM, S1991 said:

Behind them I was thinking of placing some die cast/metal WWII plane models like a B-17G, P-51D, P-47 etc.

Would anyone happen to know of a vendor who sells quality aircraft models with a pedestal?

I recently bought a 54mm lead figure diorama that was produced by the Franklin Mint.  The same guy was selling a 1/48 inch scale C-47 by Franklin Mint---and I'm sure it is metal.  They also made a B-17.  The "used" C-47's sale price was $125 which I think is a great deal.  

Google around and you may find one.  

Also I get a magazine that sales die-cast models.  I bought a 1/72 Corsair for $40.  They have 3 or 4 different color schemes.  I just cleaned off my desk and trashed those catalogs.

I googled and found a place called AirModels.  There are other places out there.  

Hobby Master makes 1/48 and 1/72 scale die cast aircraft.  I was gifted a P-51B made by them a few years ago- I like the detail and it had the option of resting on its wheels or being mounted on an included stand wheels up.  They make a large selection of aircraft models, may want to check them out to see if that is what you are looking for.