WW2 Infantry School patch - Fort Benning?

Shep1943

Is this the correct patch that would have been worn by the 3rd Infantry Regiment while stationed at Fort Benning from 1944 to 1945? The 3rd IR was used as training troops for the Infantry School during that time period?   Are there any known photos of the 3rd IR while at Benning?  If so, I would love to see them?   

204C25A2-897F-4A3C-8AB6-48C19A568DA3.jpeg

Thank you tredhed2 for the information.  So which patch would they have worn, the “Follow Me” patch or the multi-color patch?    

On 11/21/2022 at 1:44 PM, tredhed2 said:

It appears they were assigned to The Infantry School, so they wore that patch.

Elements of the Regt recd credit for ETO in 1945.

CTRSCHINFCTRSCH C.JPG

Tred the FOLLOW ME patch wasn't worn as a shoulder patch till the 50s rememnber, just the DUIs, Seanmc114 did a topic on this for WWII, had I recall examples of different patches worn at the same time, like the Service Coomand for that region etc.

The first patch was that Light Blue with White border, but this one only seemed to be worn on Brassards.

At any rate, here is another post by Seanmc1114, see post #3819  (By The Way, TIOH seems to be offline again).

I apologize for a misleading answer. I unknowingly failed to conduct due diligence on the Inf School patch.

It was definitely the Replacement and School Cmd patch.  

For an interesting study of interwar Infantry School patches take a look at an article authored by Forum member Kialokalewa and published in ASMIC's "The Trading Post" issue of July-September 2016 (pp. 27 - 29).

Hey just remembered the GHQ patch, I recall seeing somewhere a photo of a group of GIs from the 176th Infantry (Separate) in Khakis standing around, and they where wearing this patch, but unknown if the 3rd infantry wore it.

s-l500.jpg

I am always amazed at all of the knowledge found and shared on this sight.  Thank you for the new information.  I do have 1 photo of my father from the time while the 3d IR was stationed at Fort Benning, sometime during 1944.   It is a picture done in some type of studio, and maybe PX, with this patch on his khakis.  Never imagined this was the right patch or that  it would be that simple.  Thank you for sharing.   

• 4 months later...
rivaleehubka
On 11/19/2022 at 1:32 AM, Shep1943 said:

Is this the correct patch that would have been worn by the 3rd Infantry Regiment while stationed at Fort Benning from 1944 to 1945? The 3rd IR was used as training troops for the Infantry School during that time period?   Are there any known photos of the 3rd IR while at Benning?  If so, I would love to see them?   

Besides this if we make the connection with school, I remember that I use several sources that help me with my studies, already several times I used this source [url=https://samplius.com/][color=#000000]https://samplius.com/[/color][/url] there are a lot of free essay example, it helps me a lot with my writings, besides this there I found information about this emblem, but anyway it made me interesting if this information is correct, because I had several times read something that is not right. What do you think about it, I would like some details with arguments. Thank you very much.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:07 PM, Shep1943 said:

I am always amazed at all of the knowledge found and shared on this sight.  Thank you for the new information.  I do have 1 photo of my father from the time while the 3d IR was stationed at Fort Benning, sometime during 1944.   It is a picture done in some type of studio, and maybe PX, with this patch on his khakis.  Never imagined this was the right patch or that  it would be that simple.  Thank you for sharing.   

Yes, thank you so much to this community, I also found this at my dad's and didn't understand where it came from. Looks like a Romanian flag.

rivaleehubka
On 11/19/2022 at 1:32 AM, Shep1943 said:

Besides this if we make the connection with school, I remember that I use several sources that help me with my studies, already several times I used this source https://samplius.com/ there are a lot of free essay example, it helps me a lot with my writings, besides this there I found information about this emblem, but anyway it made me interesting if this information is correct, because I had several times read something that is not right. What do you think about it, I would like some details with arguments. Thank you very much.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:07 PM, Shep1943 said:

Yes, thank you so much to this community, I also found this at my dad's and didn't understand where it came from. Looks like a Romanian flag.