Help identifying this air force patch grouping

LE LOUP DES MERS

LE LOUP DES MERS

Bought this airforce grouping and was wondering if someone could help date and identify the patches. The blood chit dates to 51 so I'm guessing that's what some of the patches dated to. The seller says this guy served in Vietnam and the Gulf war so I'm guessing the Velcro patches dated to the Gulf war but I'm no patch expert. 

IMG_20221117_181753~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_181633~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_181609~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_182055~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_181808~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_182119~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_181830~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_182135~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_181952~3.jpg

IMG_20221117_181959~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_181925~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_181913.jpg

IMG_20221117_181842~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_181853~2.jpg

IMG_20221117_182016~2.jpg

LE LOUP DES MERS
3 hours ago, Salvage Sailor said:

2nd Bomb Wing, 'BUFFs' B-52's Desert Storm

Desert Storm: 2nd Bomb Wing leads the air war

So all the patches are dessert storm era? I also read online that some 1950s dated blood chits we're reused in the Gulf war. Which would make sense, so this is a Gulf war/desert storm era grouping? I also got the flight jacket too but no patches on it I'll have to put the patches on, flight jacket is dated 89

Would think the patches being cut edge and full collor would be earlier than Desert Storm as well as the older looking sage green ranks. 

By Desert Storm the patches were merrowed edge and well into the subdued colors as well same for the rank. 

LE LOUP DES MERS

Maybe date to Vietnam then or maybe late 70s? If they are desert storm did most of the flight jackets have Velcro? Or were patches directly sewn on or both? 

LE LOUP DES MERS
1 hour ago, Randy said:

The 2 BMW, flag and green name tag are 1970s era, the SAC patches 70s-80s, and captains rank late 50s to 60s.

Randy

So would they use 70s patches on a 89 flight jacket? From the research I have done guys in desert storm did often use old patches that they had on newer jackets and Korean war blood chits we're used too unsure how true that is though. So that American flag patch dates to the 70s?

First, are you sure these are original to the the jacket? Just because they came with it means nothing. The jacket could have been issued towards the end of the career long after he was in the 2 BMW. But this is a real hodge-podge of pieces here. No telling if they came from one individual. US flag patches were not normally worn by bomber crews either, that tended to be an airlift thing. I was in the USAF and in Desert Storm, Never saw a blood chit on any jacket, much less a KW era one. Not being combative, just imparting what I know from my experience of 26 years in the USAF 80-06.

Randy

LE LOUP DES MERS

Yeah, that's just want I read online, Korean war blood chits where almost the same as the desert storm ones just desert storm had 50 stars and Korean war had 48. And sewing patches on a flight jacket was up to the individual so older patches would sometimes used. But sadly in today's world can't trust everything you read online. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 12:56 AM, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

Yeah, that's just want I read online, Korean war blood chits where almost the same as the desert storm ones just desert storm had 50 stars and Korean war had 48. And sewing patches on a flight jacket was up to the individual so older patches would sometimes used. But sadly in today's world can't trust everything you read online. 

The Desert Shield/Desert Storm chit is different than these older ones.  They have SNs at all the corners and are made on a tyvek like material.  Also have less languages on them.  This is one that I have:

1990 Chit.jpg

LE LOUP DES MERS
2 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

The Desert Shield/Desert Storm chit is different than these older ones.  They have SNs at all the corners and are made on a tyvek like material.  Also have less languages on them.  This is one that I have:

1990 Chit.jpg

Are the desert storm blood chits rare? I tried find one and came up with nothing. But interesting, never scene an original issued one before, all the blood chits I have scene so far are ones that were custom made by the individual or reproductions. 

2 minutes ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

Are the desert storm blood chits rare? I tried find one and came up with nothing. But interesting, never scene an original issued one before, all the blood chits I have scene so far are either custom made or reproductions. 

They are out there, I wont say rare but they are uncommon.  I got this one from a guy who was a back seater in Wild Weasel F-4s during the war.  He said after they rotated back to the US, their SERE shop had a crap load of them and were considered obsolete so he was able to get them and sold them off over the years.  I have seen then pop up on ebay the last 5 yrs so so.

This is another version of a chit from the Gulf War that I got from a guy who was in the 101st Abn Div, can see its like a pocket version essentially.  Bigger than a business card, but smaller than a baseball card.

ODSchit1.jpg

ODSchit2.jpg