Help improve my uniform 26th Yankee Division

Connor

I recently joined a reenactment group called the 26th and I want my kit to be as accurate as possible the date for my kit is some time in November so coming up on battle of the bulge.

9F809E0A-FCB5-4384-B31B-AE27910DFF52.jpeg

845D9062-5108-45E0-B099-6EC84377D0A8.jpeg

eaglerunner88

Great start! But this is best posted in the reenacting section of the forum. The Mods will most likely move this thread.  Right away it looks like your sweater is the 1980s army version of the high neck so I would look for an original wartime high neck or this excellent reproduction. You'll also want original wartime gloves or leather-palm reproductions. Talk to members of your group too. Most units have loaner gear and the more experienced guys act as mentors to new recruits. I'm a reenactor myself and have done some awesome stuff and met some incredible people through the hobby. Most importantly, have fun! 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve gotten some new stuff for my uniform and made it look kinda more accurate, I think tell me if is Farb thank you

912BA693-8D73-4113-BE56-51C64F8B1BDD.jpeg

5C733579-700D-447C-BFBF-3AFBAB3031F9.jpeg

12 hours ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Hey, still need any help?

Yeah I’ve posted a new photo of my uniform I’ve gotten some new stuff but yes i do thank you

eaglerunner88

Looking good Connor. The Battle of the Bulge anniversary is almost upon us! Is your unit doing an event for it? I also recommended doing unit-specific research to further enhance your impression. Just because a piece of gear is WWII doesn't mean it was necessarily used by a specific unit at a specific time during the war. During the Bulge you start to see a lot of overlap with uniforms and gear as more units went overseas. For example, M41 vs M43 jacket. Type II service shoes vs rough outs with leggings or double buckle combat boots. Or even snow shoes or shoe packs. M28 haversack vs M44 pack or ETO pack. OD3 gear vs OD7. Type of helmet net, if any. GP ammo bag vs M6 gas mask bag. This is all unit specific and comes down to time and place during the war. 

The main goal with reenacting should be to make you're impression as accurate as possible and to remind others what that generation went through. There are some really good memoirs out there that veterans have written that provide lots of personal insight as well.

And if you're really into the Bugle here's a cool YouTube series on it: 

On 12/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, eaglerunner88 said:

Looking good Connor. The Battle of the Bulge anniversary is almost upon us! Is your unit doing an event for it? I also recommended doing unit-specific research to further enhance your impression. Just because a piece of gear is WWII doesn't mean it was necessarily used by a specific unit at a specific time during the war. During the Bulge you start to see a lot of overlap with uniforms and gear as more units went overseas. For example, M41 vs M43 jacket. Type II service shoes vs rough outs with leggings or double buckle combat boots. Or even snow shoes or shoe packs. M28 haversack vs M44 pack or ETO pack. OD3 gear vs OD7. Type of helmet net, if any. GP ammo bag vs M6 gas mask bag. This is all unit specific and comes down to time and place during the war. 

The main goal with reenacting should be to make you're impression as accurate as possible and to remind others what that generation went through. There are some really good memoirs out there that veterans have written that provide lots of personal insight as well.

And if you're really into the Bugle here's a cool YouTube series on it: 

Thank you I’ll be sure to watch the video and put some more work into my impression but sadly my unit does not have an event for the bulge closet thing we have is a Airsoft event that I will not be attending, thank you for the feedback!

On 12/10/2022 at 1:46 AM, iron bender said:

Your kit looks great!

On 12/9/2022 at 11:18 PM, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Ok. I'm not really sure if you need to change anything. You got it down pretty good.

Thank you!

Welp it snowed and I’ve got some uniform photos for you guys! Again please give me feedback if anything is incorrect but I just wanted to show you guys some of the cool photos I took.

FD695E54-7A8C-4B74-B6B3-3E7E62ADACB6.jpeg

C7F36A6B-FAEF-4A82-BC35-ACC65A66A9E6.jpeg

0DC61663-6185-4D0A-B272-E93DA3AC7654.jpeg

99900E1C-BAE7-496F-BEBE-3F39D1BE61DC.jpeg

13 minutes ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Like the lace doily! But are your gloves USGI issue? They look really green...

Don’t know got them at a surplus store they are the Trigger Finger gloves I’m pretty sure they are some pair for the 60-80s 

1 hour ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

That’s my only note. Get some wwii gloves or leather palmed gloves.

Will do know any good repros?