Unidentified Red Keystone TTC Patch

FlyNavy02

Go to solution Solved by FlyNavy02,

The double T does look similar to Texas Tech but not sure what club this is. It was Texas Technological College before it was TTU.  I’ll research. In the meantime you can look at my hat patch on my head

B965F6ED-B751-43C6-BE51-3B35403BA08B.jpeg

ASMIC has it ID'd as Texas Tech College in the April-June 1985 Trading Post.  ROTC patch for Texas Tech University was authorized in 1970, same design with a U instead of a C.

26 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

I’d like to see a photo of the patch being worn.

Quick google search didn't turn up a photo of the TTC variant, and not too surprising either based on the dates the patch was used.  Since the design of the patch changed in 1970 to a design with TTU, one would need to get ahold of the school and see if they have any archived school papers from pre-1970.  I don't think a school newspaper from the 1960s would be high priority to be digitized, I could be wrong, it's possible a paper near the school may have an article showing the patch for Texas Technical College in use and digitized too.  

However, in my quick search I did find this photo of this Cadet wearing the keystone shaped patch with TTU for Texas Tech University. Photo sourced from Texas Tech University ROTC's Facebook page.

TTU.jpg