Non-CPO/Non-HM Green Aviation Rates

PatLaabs

Over the last year I've found 3 rates that appear to be made of the same material for the Aviation Working Green/USMC Alphas uniform but are for Non-CPO's. They're not HM rates either and so far I've only seen aviation ones. Anyone know what these would've been for? Maybe Airdales attached to a USMC unit?

20221116_180056.jpg

20221116_180059.jpg

20221116_180103.jpg

20221116_180108.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have some of these as well.  I also cannot think of a uniform, below grade of CPO, on which these green badges would have been used, excluding of course the Master Chief Avn. Electronics Tech. posted by easterneagle87.  My only answer would be the handy one: the manufacturer simply made badges of most or all of the ratings in all the five colors.  I do collect them and am interested to hear of anyone who has them available.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, easterneagle87 said:

You want more? I got these. PM me.

Image.jpg

Photo_2022-11-07_103805.jpg

I do actually need quite a bit more of the Chief and above ones for my collection. My main concern is just figuring out what the regular Petty officer ones were made for though. 

Naval Aviation were authorized to wear a Green service uniform similar to the USMC.  Most of your ratings seem to be related to aviation.

And as obviously stated, Naval EMs attached to USMC is also the answer.

3 hours ago, busternfo said:

I have some of these as well.  I also cannot think of a uniform, below grade of CPO, on which these green badges would have been used, excluding of course the Master Chief Avn. Electronics Tech. posted by easterneagle87.  My only answer would be the handy one: the manufacturer simply made badges of most or all of the ratings in all the five colors.  I do collect them and am interested to hear of anyone who has them available.  Thanks!

Thats sort of the conclusion I've come up with too. I have a whole bunch of CPO and above rates on green which make sense, but these Non-CPO ones are throwing me off. The only other possible explanation besides 'they just made them just for the fun of it' would be maybe for Aviation guys attached to USMC Squadrons and then went USMC regulations and wore the USMC Alphas. I dont know if that's a thing or not but it's just a possibility. If you or anyone else has any Non-HM/RP/Aviation rates that are for Petty Officers but on green i.e. a Boiler Technician, then I'd say they just made them because they thought the Navy needed it.

7 minutes ago, Skysoldier80 said:

Naval Aviation were authorized to wear a Green service uniform similar to the USMC.  Most of your ratings seem to be related to aviation.

And as obviously stated, Naval EMs attached to USMC is also the answer.

That is true, but only for Chiefs and above, not regular petty officers. 

Could be that as well but I've yet to see any evidence of that aside from Corpsman and RPs who would be the primary Navy EMs in a USMC unit.