Post 1906-pre WW1 ? Officer Dress emblem help

stucky151

Here is a recent pickup that has me scratching my head. Hoping someone can shed some light on this interesting bird.  The emblem resembles BB&B birds from the 1907 catalog, and Gaunt emblems The latitude lines are hand engraved as are the stippling marks for the oceans and done prior to the application of the distinct continents. Being classified as an asymmetrical wing, I am inclined to believe this to be a dress version to B199 in Dr Briuers book. Other major differences are the fouling of the rope, the symmetry of each wing and the thickness of the post and its method of attachment to the shaft of the anchor. The diameter of the post is ridiculously large. Thoughts? 

F5C1406E-CCE2-48AF-A7CB-A0B2D78C82BB.jpeg

8F590C6C-1C38-4862-96B9-B43C69D0AEF7.jpeg

41CF2685-EA46-479F-8067-5E9D6F1990FB.jpeg

AB2769AD-BED5-46D9-8530-AF47714D721F.jpeg

That’s a great pickup.  It’s certainly a different device than the norm.   I was thinking it was post- WWI.   That was just my thought, nothing to back it up.

It very well could be post WW1, I have a feeling just digging through everything it is a M1912 circa 1917ish timeframes. Again, like

you though, just my thought, nothing solid to back it up 😂

Sterling marks generally are late-teens and on, as I believe the requirement to label as "Sterling" vice just "Silver" went into law around WWI. With the hand fret work, I'd guess late-teens through 20s.