Current trend of high-dollar fakes - theories?

Blacksmith

Greetings all.  There have been enough recent examples of pretty obvious fakes, selling for exorbitant amounts of money, that it got me wondering…. 

Now, this comes with the assumption that these sales are legit, and that the transaction is completing on the back-end.  E.g. - Buyer pays, seller sends item.  Is it possible that multiple shills are at play, providing an illusion to propagate a false market?  Dunno.

Maybe it is folks with ‘cabin fever’, expendable money from vacations they didn’t take, and not being able to tell a fake when they see it - but that seems like a long-shot.  

Maybe I shouldn’t assume that a ‘player’ on a four-figure medal would know what they’re buying - or at least get it checked.

I’m just, honestly, confused…

tdogchristy90

“Maybe I shouldn’t assume that a ‘player’ on a four-figure medal would know what they’re buying - or at least get it checked.“

You know what they say when we assume. To me this is spot on. How many people honestly research, check, or get opinions before throwing money at something? This goes for any and everything really. My circle of people have really developed a trust but verify idea. Always get a second opinion.