Are these Vietnam dated blood chits on ebay original?

LE LOUP DES MERS

LE LOUP DES MERS

(I am not sure if blood chits fit in this category so mods please move to correct category if this is in wrong spot). I have been trying to find an original Vietnam blood chit but everytime I find them they are sold and typically go for $80 to $150 at least what I have seen. But a seller on ebay says they found a bunch in an old storage unit and wants like $20 each for them. They claim it's original 1960s dated but I feel like it's to good to be true. What do you guys think? https://www.ebay.com/itm/234632792788?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=x5oV-BEOQze&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=_u2bdnr3qqk&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

(I am not sure if blood chits fit in this category so mods please move to correct category if this is in wrong spot). I have been trying to find an original Vietnam blood chit but everytime I find them they are sold and typically go for $80 to $150 at least what I have seen. But a seller on ebay says they found a bunch in an old storage unit and wants like $20 each for them. They claim it's original 1960s dated but I feel like it's to good to be true. What do you guys think? https://www.ebay.com/itm/234632792788?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=x5oV-BEOQze&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=_u2bdnr3qqk&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY.

That is a early 60s type Chit,  the ones commonly used in Vietnam were this style I'm posting.  Sorry for the not so clear pic, I took this about 12 yrs ago or so on an old phone so the lighting and quality isnt so great.  I believe it was dated 1966 and it came from a pilot who flew OV-1 Mohawks in Vietnam.

2012-09-06 19.42.11.jpg

LE LOUP DES MERS
2 hours ago, vintageproductions said:

They are original.

Large quantities were found of these years ago.

Bob,

Are you referring to all the chits that are posted or just the last one?

vintageproductions

About 25-30 years ago a large quantity of the cold war chits were found in storage and were sold off to the surplus market.

LE LOUP DES MERS
3 hours ago, vintageproductions said:

About 25-30 years ago a large quantity of the cold war chits were found in storage and were sold off to the surplus market.

Ok, that explains a lot about the price then, I was wondering why they got cheaper I always remembered them beginning more. Did they ever have a leather blood chit or one you would sew on the outside of your bomber jacket during Vietnam? I know they had leather ones during WW2 and Korea but I have never seen a Vietnam one.

21 hours ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

Ok, that explains a lot about the price then, I was wondering why they got cheaper I always remembered them beginning more. Did they ever have a leather blood chit or one you would sew on the outside of your bomber jacket during Vietnam? I know they had leather ones during WW2 and Korea but I have never seen a Vietnam one.

Not any official ones that I know of.  Even today you can get like novelty ones from custom leather shops for jackets in Turkey (or could during OEF/OIF) and they weren't any sort of official item.  The real ones are just the standard chits folded and usually carried in a E&E kit or elsewhere that are serial numbered and controlled.  A pic I saw in a life support shop during Vietnam showed the chit being carried in the inner pocket of a SRU-21/P survival vest with an EVC chart and panel marker.  That was just one example of how they were carried, Im sure it varied from branch, and units etc.

• 3 weeks later...
LE LOUP DES MERS
On 11/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, mohawkALSE said:

Not any official ones that I know of.  Even today you can get like novelty ones from custom leather shops for jackets in Turkey (or could during OEF/OIF) and they weren't any sort of official item.  The real ones are just the standard chits folded and usually carried in a E&E kit or elsewhere that are serial numbered and controlled.  A pic I saw in a life support shop during Vietnam showed the chit being carried in the inner pocket of a SRU-21/P survival vest with an EVC chart and panel marker.  That was just one example of how they were carried, Im sure it varied from branch, and units etc.

What's your thought on this one? I remember I could have bought it when they had it for sale. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thewarfront.com/product-page/vietnam-war-era-pilot-blood-chit&ved=2ahUKEwjCgvv999z7AhXfGTQIHW2IA74QFnoECA0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw30VEDNV9iCoktoGXrANBHU

On 12/3/2022 at 2:42 AM, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

I think that one is very overpriced and have seen ones marked with the MACV stamp for much less than that.  Not sure on the legitimacy of them either with the MACV bit.  Would also have to see the bottom edge showing the chart # and edition with the the litho date.

LE LOUP DES MERS
3 hours ago, mohawkALSE said:

I think that one is very overpriced and have seen ones marked with the MACV stamp for much less than that.  Not sure on the legitimacy of them either with the MACV bit.  Would also have to see the bottom edge showing the chart # and edition with the the litho date.

That's part of the reason I didn't buy it either, there are so many replicas with that mag v sog printing and it was to much money in my opinion.