Chaplain & Religious Flags

tdurbinmas

Again you do not disappoint, Your collection is top notch. You have been hold out with these outstanding Chaplain flags. 
 Is the one flag a Air Force chaplain flag?

marty

Hi Marty. thanks and yes! I've been holding out on some of these. I finally started digging back through some older ones from years ago that I didn't have photos of. I have a few others to locate including the Christian and Jewish Chaplain field flags (the 24" x36" wool ones w/o fringe).

Yes there are USAF Christian and Jewish chaplain flags. They have the Cross in the center with a white outline. They're fairly rare as these are the only ones I ever found.

The second flag down, the Jewish Chaplain flag is old. Likely a WW2 era or older. It has the OD pole sleeve liner and the Star of David and 10 Commandments are fully hand embroidered. It is 52" x 66". It is beautiful.

Very nice collection of Army and Air Force chapel flags and Navy pennants. Also the two purple General Officer Chief of Chaplains items are cool.  I am not sure what the purpose of the bottom one. Could it be for a vehicle?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...