New Guy - New Book

greensquid68-69

greensquid68-69

Hello all - I'm new to the Forum, but getting braver by the day to do postings. I was a 'grunt' corpsman with the Marines in Vietnam and not to BLOW my own horn too loudly, but there is a new book out by Jan Herman who is the senior Historian at the Navy Bureau of Medicine & Surgery in Wash DC. He has put together an awesome first hand account called Navy Medicine in Vietnam: Oral Histories from Dien Bien Phu to the Fall of Saigon (2009). It is now available on Amazon.com for anyone interested. I know I bared my soul to him & if you want to read the way it was for many of us 'docs', I'd say take a read.

Nice to be a member of this site,

ps he didn't offer me commissions to advertise :rolleyes:;)

Doc JM

Doc,

Welcome to the forum! I love to read books written by doctors, nurses, and corpsmen. Thanks for the information. I will definitely get this book. And thanks for all that you did when you served. Your service is greatly appreciated!....Kat

RANDALL 1953

I think a book like this would be welcomed by anyone who has an interest in our military involvement in Vietnam. Many owe their thanks and their lives to these brave men and women who served in this capacity. A very much appreciated well done!

greensquid68-69
I think a book like this would be welcomed by anyone who has an interest in our military involvement in Vietnam. Many owe their thanks and their lives to these brave men and women who served in this capacity. A very much appreciated well done!

Thank you Randall

RANDALL 1953
Thank you Randall

You are more than welcome. Here are the stats for Navy Corpsman during the Vietnam war:

628 KIA 3,353 Wounded

Awards:

3 Medals Of Honor

29 Navy Crosses

127 Silver Stars

2 legion Of Merits

290 Bronze Stars

4,563 Purple Hearts

The Numbers Speak for themselves!

greensquid68-69
Doc, welcome to the USMF and most of all, Thank you for your service.

Tyler

Appreciate you dropping a line with these nice words Tyler.

greensquid68-69
You are more than welcome. Here are the stats for Navy Corpsman during the Vietnam war:

628 KIA 3,353 Wounded

Awards:

3 Medals Of Honor

29 Navy Crosses

127 Silver Stars

2 legion Of Merits

290 Bronze Stars

4,563 Purple Hearts

The Numbers Speak for themselves!

Thanks for the stats - They do speak loudly!