WWII 1-Ton Trailer - Make

stratasfan

Hi! Received a query and this is totally not what I know about! Anyone able to help with info about a 1-ton trailer? I appreciate any thoughts! Here is info and some pics:

Looking for some help in identifying a ww 2  1 ton trl. it has some unique features. I E  5 lug split rim wheels, multiple setting hand brake on Tight hand side or trl. , a kick stand and rear of trl. I have looked all over the internet to no avail not even a picture of one. one rumor is that it was made for the Dodge CCW series trucks.  looking for Nomenclature, manufacturer etc. etc.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

If it's military, it's pre WW2. There might be a date stamp on the flat surface of the wheel, between two of the lug nuts. But I sure don't recognize it as a military trailer.

Hi! thanks! I'll pass these comments on and see if I can get the date stamp area checked!

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be its not a US trailer? When I picked mine up I was going through everything on line trying to  figure out what it was. The one thing I noticed is everyone of those trailers (except mine) had lief springs.  It could be the pintle (if it had one) was cut off.