French Renault FT under US management 1918

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I'm a French modeler and my main interest is for the US armor from 1917 to 1945. So first I apologize if my English seems sometimes a bit odd. I build mainly in 1/35 scale but I also enjoy building as much as possible in 1/16 scale. I thought you would like to see some of my models.

Here is the most recent one : the French Renault FT as used in 1918 by the 326th armored regiment. Here are some photos of the model and you invited to see more in my site at http://manu-military.e-monsite.com

Thanks for looking and your comments.

post-5691-1236090937.jpg

post-5691-1236090921.jpg

post-5691-1236090838.jpg

post-5691-1236090888.jpg

Tre Bein Mon Ami! Fantasique! Wonderful work! Thank you for sharing it with us and please post more!

PS If you know where a guy can get a model of a WWI French Salmson airplane please let me know! I have a uniform group to an American who flew Salmsons and I would like to display it with his uniform.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...c=22789&hl=

Merci,

Tom

WANTED TO BUY OR TRADE - AMERICAN FIELD SERVICE, NORTON-HARJES AMBULANCE CORPS, AMERICAN RED CROSS IN ITALY, CZECH AND POLISH LEGIONS AND ANY ARTIFACTS ASSOCIATED WITH AMERICANS THAT SERVED IN FOREIGN ARMIES IN WORLD WAR ONE

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

ecSXx.jpg

"Je meurs content, puisque nous sommes victorieux! Vive la France!

PS If you know where a guy can get a model of a WWI French Salmson airplane please let me know! I have a uniform group to an American who flew Salmsons and I would like to display it with his uniform.

Tom

Tom

Might not be the scale you want but Pegasus Models did a nice version in 1/72nd scale. Idon't know if it is still a current production kit but it can be found at a lot of internet hobby shops for about $12.

Mark

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful model!

It brings back memories...I used to play on one much like this one that had been used by the US Marines when I was small.

Dave

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 3 months later...

Nice job Manu, we recognize here the french workmanship.

Du bon travail

Paaaarleezz vous, Inky dinky dinky

Teufelhud

WOODS NOW U.S MARINE CORPS ENTIRELY, our lines include now the entire Bois de Belleau. Signed, Major Shearer "Skipper" 5Th Marines, 3rd Bat - June 25th 1918

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2020.gif

The US National World War I Muuseum at the Liberty Memorial in Downtown Kansas City, MO has one of these Renault tanks on display. Below is a link for information on the one in the collection. Like the model dipicted in this thread, it was also manned by US soldiers during the war.

http://www.nww1.org/s/110/images/editor_do...r%20website.pdf

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...