French Renault FT under US management 1918

Manu-Military

Manu-Military

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. I'm a French modeler and my main interest is for the US armor from 1917 to 1945. So first I apologize if my English seems sometimes a bit odd. I build mainly in 1/35 scale but I also enjoy building as much as possible in 1/16 scale. I thought you would like to see some of my models.

Here is the most recent one : the French Renault FT as used in 1918 by the 326th armored regiment. Here are some photos of the model and you invited to see more in my site at http://manu-military.e-monsite.com

Thanks for looking and your comments.

post-5691-1236090937.jpg

post-5691-1236090921.jpg

post-5691-1236090838.jpg

post-5691-1236090888.jpg

Croix de Guerre

Tre Bein Mon Ami! Fantasique! Wonderful work! Thank you for sharing it with us and please post more!

PS If you know where a guy can get a model of a WWI French Salmson airplane please let me know! I have a uniform group to an American who flew Salmsons and I would like to display it with his uniform.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...c=22789&hl=

Merci,

Tom

PS If you know where a guy can get a model of a WWI French Salmson airplane please let me know! I have a uniform group to an American who flew Salmsons and I would like to display it with his uniform.

Tom

Tom

Might not be the scale you want but Pegasus Models did a nice version in 1/72nd scale. Idon't know if it is still a current production kit but it can be found at a lot of internet hobby shops for about $12.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

That is a great looking model. Very nice painting and weathering. Well Done!

Thanks for posting the photos.

Dennis

Beautiful model!

It brings back memories...I used to play on one much like this one that had been used by the US Marines when I was small.

Dave

Manu-Military
I thought you may like this photo!

Patrick

yes, thanks. I didn't know it but bare in mind this is a 6 tons tank not a Renault FT.

My model is the original French tank built by Renault.

Cheers from Normandy!

• 3 months later...

Nice job Manu, we recognize here the french workmanship.

Du bon travail

Paaaarleezz vous, Inky dinky dinky

Teufelhud

The US National World War I Muuseum at the Liberty Memorial in Downtown Kansas City, MO has one of these Renault tanks on display. Below is a link for information on the one in the collection. Like the model dipicted in this thread, it was also manned by US soldiers during the war.

http://www.nww1.org/s/110/images/editor_do...r%20website.pdf

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

We have one of these tanks in a Museum in the Netherlands, Dutch army used it in the beginning of the war and was captured by Germans.

post-7105-1247219662.jpg

• 4 months later...