Found 1 carpet beetle larvae in my room

WW2UsCollector

WW2UsCollector

Hello, last night as I was getting ready to go to bed I ended up finding a carpet beetle larvae on my wall. I put my uniforms in plastic bags, and I plan on inspecting them later today. What should I do now? Is it possible that only one larvae got in my room from the window or someplace else? Or is this the beginning of a infestation?

WW2UsCollector

After inspecting a few uniforms I found another beetle larva. I'm not sure what to do next.... Any recommendations?

Persian Gulf Command

If you live in a location where it gets below 20 degrees at in the winter leave your garments outside overnight. the cold will kill any insect eggs or larva that may have just hatched.  Just be sure that it is hung high enough so the neighbor's cat doesn't mark it if they are on the prowl at night!

WW2UsCollector

Thanks, I'm in New Jersey, and it's not gonna get below 20 for awhile. Would putting them in the freezer do the job? If so how long, and would I leave all the insignia on the uniform while freezing it?

That’s a bummer man.  The uniforms are one thing, but any free-range larvae / beetles in the house are a different matter.  Hopefully it’s easy to address.  Good luck.

WW2UsCollector
2 hours ago, Blacksmith said:

That’s a bummer man.  The uniforms are one thing, but any free-range larvae / beetles in the house are a different matter.  Hopefully it’s easy to address.  Good luck.

Thanks from what I can tell there isn't a lot of them. I must've caught it really early on as I've only found two larvae. I ended up vacuuming my entire room. For the uniforms, I put as many as I could fit in the freezer which was about 4 of them. I was directed to leave it in there for around 2 weeks, then I'm gonna put the next 4 in there. I really love displaying my uniforms in my room, but now I just have to keep them in storage bins to be extra safe.