M1 Military Police liners - Vienna. US Forces Austria

Cymro

I live in Vienna and one of my big collecting themes is the Occupying Forces here in the city - both US and UK (less so the French and Russian components). Many years ago I had the opportunity to buy part of the estate of an officer who had in the Vienna Military Police after participating in the war with 42nd Div. His name was Howell (surname) and I'm trying to find out anything that I can about him. His 42nd Div MP liner and the 796th MP helmet are both named to him and the former has a laundry mark which looks like H 8545. Interestingly he freshened up the paint on his old hostilities helmet (see the close up of the edges showing the od faded coat below). The 505 and 524 MP helmets were I think collected if not worn by him as I beleive the 796th superceded them. I lovely lot and any comments most welcome, including any ideas on tracking down Mr Howell, who I believe was from Texas (but not sure)...

MP1 505.jpg

MP1.jpg

MP2 796.jpg

MP2.jpg

MP3 524.jpg

MP3.jpg

MP4 42 Div 2.jpg

MP4 42 Div 3.jpg

MP4 42 Div 4.jpg

MP4 42 Div 5.png

MP4 42 Div1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Excellent item !!

Say, i’ve a question - next year there’s the anniversary of the end of WW2 in Austria and the Wien Museum will show  quite a large exhibition on that topic.

Would you maybe be willing to lend this USFA MP helmet during this event, as it would add up quite nicely to the exciting collection ?

Thx 

Stefan