Best m203 replica?

LE LOUP DES MERS

LE LOUP DES MERS

I finally got my m16a2 clone lower from psa, and I'm planning to do a m16a2 m203 build but was wondering what the best replica is? I was told the full metal airsoft ones are pretty good and they can mount on a real gun. But I was also told companies make exact non firing replicas too but I can't find any when I try googling it. I don't want to spend the money for a real 40mm as they are expensive and you gotta wait about 6 months and all that. The problem with the 37mm they don't make exact replicas of the m203 unless you buy a LMT one but then your forking out like $1500. So any ideas for a good replica that won't cost up to $1500? 

LE LOUP DES MERS

Here is a full metal m203 that colt makes for airsoft I was told its pretty good and strong however, I understand people think is stupid to put "toys" on a real gun. But let's be honest even if you had a real m203 how often would you really use it? Definitely would look better with orange tip off lol. 

cybergun-14286-2.jpg

cybergun-14286-3.jpg

Kaptainssurplus

As far as airsoft ones go, kings arms are generally considered the best, but they are harder to find as they only make so many of each model then stop. They also usually get a premium, since they are sought after. Sometimes they do an update or re-release, but usually it's years in between. The other option is either a purpose built 37mm version ie the LMT M203FL, or a title 1 transfered M203, which is a real M203 but with a 37mm barrel, it is considered a just regular firearm, not a DD. 

LE LOUP DES MERS

I was told the other way to do a m203 legally without registering it as a dd would be to buy a m203 receiver and put a 37mm barrel in it. However real surplus m203 receivers go for about $1,800 to 2,000. So if you guys know anything else out there please let me know. I guess worst of the worst I can just buy an airsoft one since it's manly going to be for looks anyway. 

LE LOUP DES MERS
11 minutes ago, Kaptainssurplus said:

As far as airsoft ones go, kings arms are generally considered the best, but they are harder to find as they only make so many of each model then stop. They also usually get a premium, since they are sought after. Sometimes they do an update or re-release, but usually it's years in between. The other option is either a purpose built 37mm version ie the LMT M203FL, or a title 1 transfered M203, which is a real M203 but with a 37mm barrel, it is considered a just regular firearm, not a DD. 

Yeah I was told kings arms is regarded as the best m203 replica but everywhere I look is sold out. The other option is something I could do but then I'm forking out $1,500.

Kaptainssurplus
9 minutes ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

Apparently a company called DPMS made exact non firing replicas of the m203 but they must be discontinued because I'm not finding anything.

I wouldn't waste your time with the dpms one, they were made like 10+ years ago and were not great. They are long gone, you may find one after years of looking, I have only seen 2 in 10yrs for sale. I don't think they made very many, and were not hot items at the time either. Airsoft ones are better quality anyway. As I said the king arms ones will not be available anywhere, they make them and they sell out pretty kuch right away, you will have to search second hand places to get one, forums, ebay, auctions etc. Regular websites will not have them in stock.  

Kaptainssurplus

Also, any title 1 M203 or purpose built 37mm M203 will cost more than $1500, they are getting premiums as well. LMT hasn't made anymore of their 37mm flare versions (M230FL) for a few years now, so when they come up for sale they get more than $1500, which was the MSRP. I spoke to LMT, they said at some point they will make them again but all effort is hoing yoward their military contract yo provide 40mm M203s. Also the colt versions usually sell for $3000+ now to. The cheapest way right now is a title 1 with 37mm barrel, other than airsoft. 

LE LOUP DES MERS
22 minutes ago, Kaptainssurplus said:

Also, any title 1 M203 or purpose built 37mm M203 will cost more than $1500, they are getting premiums as well. LMT hasn't made anymore of their 37mm flare versions (M230FL) for a few years now, so when they come up for sale they get more than $1500, which was the MSRP. I spoke to LMT, they said at some point they will make them again but all effort is hoing yoward their military contract yo provide 40mm M203s. Also the colt versions usually sell for $3000+ now to. The cheapest way right now is a title 1 with 37mm barrel, other than airsoft. 

Yeah I'll probably buy an airsoft one, Do you know of a good airsoft m203s that are not as hard to fine like king arm? I was told g&p are another company that makes pretty good replicas

The older COBRAY 37mm flare launchers (with the steel barrels) fit flush like a *real* M203. Gunbroker or gun shows would be likely sorces, as well as some of the specialized gun forums.

LE LOUP DES MERS
3 hours ago, Story said:

The older COBRAY 37mm flare launchers (with the steel barrels) fit flush like a *real* M203. Gunbroker or gun shows would be likely sorces, as well as some of the specialized gun forums.

How much do they topically go for? 

Kaptainssurplus
1 minute ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

Just FYI, they look nothing like a real M203, apart from the handgaurd. They now typically sell for $350 or more. 

LE LOUP DES MERS

Yeah, I was reading a post on AR15.com, that they don't quite look like a m203 but apparently there is a way to modify them to look more accurate. But, I tried looking and couldn't fine one or a price for how much they go for. But I'll have too look again on gun broker.

Kaptainssurplus
8 minutes ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

Yeah, I was reading a post on AR15.com, that they don't quite look like a m203 but apparently there is a way to modify them to look more accurate. But, I tried looking and couldn't fine one or a price for how much they go for. But I'll have too look again on gun broker.

As far as I know there is no way to make them look better, just do a Google search and look at them, they are completely different design. Pretty ugly IMO. Like I said best bet is a airsoft or just shell out the money and get a real one, in the long run it will be worth more, the airsoft will lose value, unless it's a KA one. 

1 hour ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

@$350 when you find them.

As I said, the steel barrel version is what you seek. Some folks don't even know they exist.

This one I've had since the 1990s.

das Bloopster.jpg

Kaptainssurplus
14 minutes ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

That doesn't look to bad, yeah it's not an exact replica. But looks pretty decent.

Imo they are very crude and low quality, I have owned probably 10 over the years, I have never been impressed with them but for a long while that was all there was available, till just recently with the new title 1 and purpose bulit 37mm versions. I actually have one of the cobary 37mm standalone versions currently for sale, they seem pretty popular for some reason, selling fast and for $500+

• 4 weeks later...
Kaptainssurplus
1 hour ago, mohawkALSE said:

Didnt Colt makes some 203s in recent years that had the 37mm barrel?  Thought I saw something like that advertised by them.

Yes colt made title 1 37mm M203s, transfered as firearms, but they sell for like $5000+ now.