Chest rig, Eagle, LBT, what?

CamoDeafie

• 2 weeks later...

well IMO, there's 2 types, the older ABA body armor, or the newer body armor, I don't know if the chest rig was worn with body armor, as it was a very snug fit to my big body, and fit well on my gf.... but that is a good question!

Probably BALCS-cut Level IIIA kevlar with some hard plates in a low-visibility carrier. They're usually tan, with a white lining and generous

amounts of soft sided velcro all over the front for the straps to attach to.

Edited to add:

Merc, one of your pictures earlier in the thread of the operator wearing the Eagle chest rig, it appears he's wearing a low-vis armor carrier.

Mercenary25

RTS, thanks! Where can I find low-vis armor carrier? How much those usually go for?

I visited Ebay and I found some LBT 1961A. Multicam one went to $600 and another one, khaki is starting at $200. I don't understand why people spend lot of money for it when they could order it for about $250 from LBT website? think.gif

I had a chat with camodeafie. He said that it is more likely that this LBT and modified DCU came from Air Force. Combat air controller PJs, or some elite Air Force troops could've used it. Since the place where he had found it is near Air Force National Guard base (?). Either Seals or Air Force, it is still cool. thumbsup.gif

Merc,

You can buy a pretty close replica from an airsoft supplier (look for ones marked 'PECA' as a replica of PACA lo-vis carriers) or

from Diamondback Tactical. I don't think DBT will sell the ballistic materials, but for display, any SPEAR or RAV/CIRAS style

soft armor replica from an airsoft supplier will do.

Actually getting stuff from LBT can be a challenge, I hear. When you want onesies and twosies of things and they're doing

production lots of 100+ pcs for a DOD order, you're peanuts to them. That's a substantial part of why LBT stuff trades at a

premium, the artificial rarity of it. Kind of like how a legally transferrable M16 would cost me and you over $10,000 when Uncle

Sam buys them all day long for something like $700.

• 1 year later...

it appears to be a lbt-1961a or at least a replica of one. Somewhere in the rig there should be a tag telling you it is authentic london bridge trading.

it appears to be a lbt-1961a or at least a replica of one. Somewhere in the rig there should be a tag telling you it is authentic london bridge trading.

He sold me this LBT-1961a. It has a tag of LBT.

• 1 month later...

Camodeafie is not far from me, and I believe he managed to get a hold of my old chest rig somehow. I still wear it, but I wear a separate plate carrier underneath. Some guys like the integrated armor/LBE, but I would prefer to just dump the plates if I have to EandE. Merc, these are issued to every student Pararescueman when in their final phase in New Mexico. I may be one of the few guys that still wears this type...