Chest rig, Eagle, LBT, what?

CamoDeafie

IMG00456.jpg

IMG00457.jpg

what i saw in a surplus store today, may think about picking it up...

its most similar to this one, Specwargear says US Navy SEAL's newer ones....but no mfg?

vest-SEAL-CR-1.jpg

IMG00456.jpg

IMG00457.jpg

what i saw in a surplus store today, may think about picking it up...

its most similar to this one, Specwargear says US Navy SEAL's newer ones....but no mfg?

vest-SEAL-CR-1.jpg

If it is a good price, pick up and dump on EBAY

I think they for $150-200 or more

I believe it is LBT made

I totally concur with MattD. Looks like an LBT piece to me as well. I like it a lot.

Arch

wouldnt LBT have a tag stating the company somewhere? seems both Eagle and LBT have very very similar chest rigs, but the current ones have buckle fasteners on most of the pouches....hmmm i guess i shall pick it up then, what about the cross strap that is missing? would that affect value at all if i replaced it or something? (should i contact both Eagle and LBT to see about replacement cross straps?)

wouldnt LBT have a tag stating the company somewhere? seems both Eagle and LBT have very very similar chest rigs, but the current ones have buckle fasteners on most of the pouches....hmmm i guess i shall pick it up then, what about the cross strap that is missing? would that affect value at all if i replaced it or something? (should i contact both Eagle and LBT to see about replacement cross straps?)

Contact RTS on the forum, he makes tactical gear-probably cheaper than buying a replacement.

There are some Eagle versions on EBAY going for $200

Its a nice rig and if the price is right buy it.I never get the chance to see or buy this stuff out here.The gear dont seem to migrate here to the uper mid west to often.As for missing strap I wouldnt sweat it as it may have been worn this way or just lost.You can point it out to the vendor and he may let you have it for less.Worth a try.

israeli tankers

Have any source to back that up? (Also, anyone have source saying US soldiers used this chest rig other than specwargear?)

:)

It's an LBT 1961a chest rig. Quick tip to identifying LBT stuff is that they usually use the curvy YKK-ish plastic hardware. Eagle for the most

part uses ITW-Nexus or National Molding buckles...if you see a piece that could be from Eagle or LBT the buckles can usually help you make

a reasonable guess.

http://www.londonbridgetrading.com/m1webge...teria=lbt-1961a

Thanks for the referral, MattD. CamoDeafie, for the most part stuff like this is really only worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it. LBT

stuff has been way overpriced for quite a while IMO. I think that they might do that to deter civillian business and to focus on their military

business. LBT also has a non-Berry Amendment compliant factory OCONUS making a lot of their stuff for them with foreign labor primarily

to sell to civvies. If I recall correctly the label for the 1961a will be in the center pocket on the back of the chest rig and will probably look like this:

post-4984-1236099076.jpg

Also check on this rig to see if there is still the holster present (as seen in the above picture). Personally, if you've got to have a chest rig, there

are probably better options out there for you. If you want to make a few bucks, grab it from the surplus store and sell it on EPay-Japanese airsofters

and hardcore LBT collectors will probably pay a king's ransom for one of those that has been there and done that.

It would be cool if anyone here has picture of SEALs with this vest for reference.

There are a couple in the book Battle Rattle if I recall correctly. From what I understand, the East Coast Teams tend to get

a lot of LBT stuff. I might have some pictures on my computer but I believe that finding pictures of NSW operators wearing

this particular LBT rig won't be very hard.

edited to add: It's been a while since I've seen it but in either Marcus Lutrell's book or Chris Osman's book I believe that there's

at least one operator pictured wearing this chest rig

Mercenary25
There are a couple in the book 'Grunt Gear' if I recall correctly. From what I understand, the East Coast Teams tend to get

a lot of LBT stuff. I might have some pictures on my computer but I believe that finding pictures of NSW operators wearing

this particular LBT rig won't be very hard.

edited to add: It's been a while since I've seen it but in either Marcus Lutrell's book or Chris Osman's book I believe that there's

at least one operator pictured wearing this chest rig

I've seen some photos of seals used LBT vest (one with floation padding, webbing for ALICE stuff, whatever it is called). But never seen this particular vest.

Little Creek, VA would be where 3 of the ST platoons are based, If I recall correctly , whereas the other 3 or so are based at Coronado, alongside BUD/S training and such...LBT is based in Virgina Beach, VA, so that's got to be local to the east coast teams?

Hans Halberstadt's book shows a SEAL with a LBT flotation vest, but the book was printed in 1995 or 1996, the updated book if one exists would have newer pictures?

Mercenary25

Thanks RTS! After searching in military photos forum for good 40 minutes, found this photo but not sure if it's same vest? It looked rather similar.

post-4082-1236118797.jpg

Thanks RTS! After searching in military photos forum for good 40 minutes, found this photo but not sure if it's same vest? It looked rather similar.

Merc,

If you look closely at the shoulder straps, I think there's the d-rings for the bib like Eagle's Rhodesian Recon Vest has:

http://eagleindustries.com/product.php?pro...t=49&page=1

Given the amount of chest rigs on the market, and the fact that London Bridge and BlackHawk have both copied the RRV

from Eagle...anybody's guess. Eagle has a couple pretty similar chest rigs to the one that CamoDeafie got today. I believe that

the Eagle RRV is an issued item to SEALs in the MLCS kit, a similar item is in the RLCS kit issued to the Ranger Regiment. That

doesn't cover the amount of stuff that is privately purchased, acquired in trade or a unit/team purchase. As was mentioned before

proximity to a manufacturer can be an issue too. Good eye!

Mercenary25

Interesting. Thanks for information. Out of curiosity, this vest is called Rhodesian Recon because it is based on South African vest?

I guess LBT version is harder to find? I looked on ebay for LBT version but didn't find any except for eagle ones.

Lending credence to the chest rig having the "BTDT", when I opened the pouches, there was puffs of very gritty, very rough dust, that came out from INSIDE the hook/loop material, and not from outside as a clean unissued/unpurchased shelf sitter might've had... and stains are on the inside of the flaps, dark stains, possibly from actual use, I don't know...found a piece of PT or some such in one of the pockets, leaving it there as its quite unique, even if its no purpose, it just is one further proof of being used, by who, i don't know. I am aware of the whole PMCs and SOCOMs being able to purchase privately or unit purchases, but I don't know which branch had the pink inspection sticker or have "#9" tag under the LBT's tag, which looks official

Merc,

If you look through the LBT catalog linked in one of my posts there should be LBT's version of the RRV. Blackhawk's STRIKE chest rig

is a direct copy, stitch-by-stitch but made in a sweatshop somewhere in Asia-and the most commonly available. Eagle's is probably about

as easy to find.

CamoDeafie,

The #9 tag, if sewn in, is probably something production-related like the sewing machine operator or inspector that finished it off-I doubt

that it's anything to do with the end user. Kind of like the "Inspected by #XXX" tags sometimes found in the pockets of clothing.

Alrighty :) just I'm used to equipment having been stripped, or cleaned out, no stickers, that sort of thing, and in the picture of same rig with holster you showed, there wasn't a black tag showing below the LBT tag..

Good score.

For reference, navy seals performing vbss training, august 2008

sealsaf9.jpg

the guy on the right has this sort of rig