Exemplary service from Skipper Greenwade

warguy

I think (hope) a lot of us on this forum are familiar with Skipper Greenwade and his hat/helmet stands, dagger and sword display pieces. I have purchased several of his hat stands over the years and I am always pleased with his work. These stands definitely add a lot to my displays and really accents pieces in my collection. If you haven't checked out his handiwork I encourage you to look at his website under Skippergreenwade.com. No I am not a paid promoter, but felt compelled to sing Skips praises after my most recent experience.

I ordered two hat stands from Skip about ten days ago or so. He said he would get right on it, replying to my email immediately. The stands are fantastic, one with the WWII AAF insignia laser etched in front for a crusher cap I recently bought, and the other made from bamboo with a laser etching of the Imperial flag for a rare Japanese army helmet I have had for a long time.

A few days ago, Skip emailed me photos of the completed work to assure it was what I wanted. I gave a thumbs up. Thinking I would hear from him  on the payment, I was surprised today when both stands arrived with a stamped return envelope and invoice. Everything about this transaction was professional. From the “SkipperGreenwade” tape to secure the box, to the careful way the items were packaged, the self addressed stamped envelop, the letterhead on the invoice, etc, etc. I felt like I stepped back in time 100 years. I just dont often experience this kind of customer service and professionalism anymore. And perhaps most importantly, the craftsmanship of the stands is simply fantastic. I will be returning soon to Skips site. 

Anyway, I was so impressed I just wanted to give him a shout out here on the forum. Sadly, I have seen a lot of negativity here directed at dealers lately, and just think it is equally if not more important to praise folks to help promote this hobby. 

Skipper has been a collector and builder of display pieces for many years.  His work is excellent in fit, finish, and detail.  

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, navwings said:

Are there any photos for a newbie ?

He has a website, try skippergreenwade.com. 

You will be happy you did.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for posting this.  Just ordered some of the M 24 stick grenade stands.  Can't wait to get them in.  Super nice gentleman to do business with.