Corpsman Early WW2 Shoulder Bag Contents

stevedorf

Greetings,

Does anyone have the official content listing of what was in the Corpsman shoulder bag before they starting using pouches similar to the Army medics?  I have seen various pictures of contents but they are different from each other,,,,any help or pictures would be very much appreciated...Steve

You have the WW2 Pouch, Hospital Corps, Small. Typically used aboard ship but would also accompany Corpsmen who went ashore for various duties.

Ahhh..ok thanks for letting me know..now things are starting to make sense...I would assume then there was no standard list of items, the corpsman just put in what they needed?? 

There is an authorized list of contends. If anyone ever suggests that the Corpsman just put it whatever they wanted, they don't know what they are talking about. Every medical kit had an authorized list of contents.

JerryTheGerman

Here’s a pre-war photo of a “Crash Bag” setup in the hospital corps quarterly: hope this helps but as robin stated above the authorized list of contents is your best bet

D6175E64-118A-4665-9C47-B8684679EF24.jpeg

There was a WWI version of both the large and small pouch that had the contents printed on the flap.  Here's the large one:

Marines In Forest Green: WWI Great War US Navy Hospital Corps Pouch, Large. Corpsman Bag

http://marinesinforestgreen.blogspot.com/2019/01/wwi-great-war-us-navy-corpsman-bag.html

Here's my small pouch:

20221026_144529.jpg

20221026_144428.jpg

20221026_144332.jpg