Amico Jump Wings

So I really don’t collect anything Airborne, but I am curious…

It seems like I very rarely see Amico jump wings, which is odd, because Amico made tons of other aviation wings.

Are Amico jump wings rare?

John

The interesting thing about the stamped metal Amico wing is that it is the exact same pattern as other wings that you will find with the Meyer logo, making this undoubtedly a 3rd party manufactured piece. I wonder what other hallmarks we might find on this type example?

Great wings Robert!

Allan

Thanks Allan,

I did a quick check of my jump wings and find only the NS Meyer wings that you mentioned have the same or similar pattern as the AMICO jump wings above. For those following along, posted below are the Jump Wings made by NS Meyer that Allan is referring to. The notable feature is the appearance of the suspension lines on the reverse side. It is obvious that a very hard strike with a punch press was done to create this  impression. If any of you know of another maker that used this style, I would like to know.

IMG_3092.JPG

Thanks guys, I had a feeling Amico jump wings were somewhat scarce.

I was going through my wing cases recently and realized that I have one full size jump wing like the top one in post two, plus an Amico lapel size, which appears scarce as well.

Thinking about selling them off since I don’t collect airborne.

Thanks again, John