Fake Medic Helmet Sells for $2,700.00 on Ebay

Burning Hazard

5 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

Im trying to figure out why the white border on the red cross is pink and purposely done so.

Actually, I think this it was done in white and aging wash maybe turned it pinkish. Either that, the red wasn't dry when the white was applied and it bled.

Ebay buyer protections have come a long way recently. One can be a winning bidder, never pay, never communicate with the seller and rarely does eBay penalize the back-out bidder. Likewise, one can return and ship back items with no questions asked by ebay with money back. I have learned this from a seller's stand point and it is often times frustrating, but the platform has become very buyer friendly; thus, if the winning bidder sees this thread, they will have a lot of protections. 

The white border looking pink and even the stainless steel rim having discoloration is due to some sort of coating or chemical/heat treatment done to "age" the appearance. 

3 hours ago, kloss said:

I have asked noone here for opinions, a friend drew my attention to the topic her, i am frightened this is like modern witch hunt here.

One shouts something, the others repeat without real reasons it and it increases so far you now see white mice everywhere.

now i am really out

did you put this on another site to see if ok - if not - IT'S NOT A WITCH HUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, Kloss is dancing ever closer to the Forum Announcements arena. 😯

Previous recent posts have shown he is either relatively new to WWII collecting - despite his 14yo account here - or is just not knowledgeable yet. Then again some collectors just cannot get closer than the 6ft view and just cannot discern more than the first view regardless of experiences, much less comparing item to item over years of study. Still others see detractors as too ignorant to see things their way regardless of how obtuse their way is.

The recalcitrance despite sage advice is certainly concerning. The repeat of irrelevant info points either to this ignorance or to downright being part of the fraud.

I would still like to know the disposition of the similarly aged helmet posted here by 897 ORD though that one had less of a semi-gloss topcoat.

I do wonder why this member didn't share this rare find on here prior to listing it on eBay. Would appear to be a real centerpiece of anyone's collection if real and certainly something that would have been shared on forums, FB, somewhere! Fishy IMO

Dave

Very frustrating thread. Kloss could have very easily taken the advice given, apologized, and taken the listing down.

Unfortunately it seems that $700+ bidding war has clouded his judgement (assuming he didn’t forge it himself).

Thank you for the assessments about the helmet in question shared by the experts. Here is what I can add as a side note from a local (I live about an hour away from Metz): The flea market in Metz  has been around for decades and is a well established regular event in the area. The dealers there usually know very well what they are selling (not always to the advantage of the lesser experienced visitors). A real, authentic Medic helmet would probably be gone within a few minutes.

Your local M1 Garand

I can only imagine the face of the person who ends up “winning” this helmet, years after getting it, and seeing this thread!

Burning Hazard
1 hour ago, Your local M1 Garand said:

I can only imagine the face of the person who ends up “winning” this helmet, years after getting it, and seeing this thread!

The same will happen as we've seen before; the new owner will re-list it on eBay or some other site as original (rinse and repeat).

We still see Warhats, Easy Green, Mr Jingol, and Easy Green pieces re-surface online all the time.

Cheers

Pat

WW2 M1 US Combat Medic Named Helmet 63rd Division

Condition:

--

Ended:

Oct 23, 2022, 10:12:10 PM EDT

Price:

US $2,714.00 (approx C $3,731.34)

Man !!!!

Wow, $2700 for a pretty obvious fake. Hope the buyer is able to come to their senses when they get it in hand and is able to get their money back.

Just now, The Rooster said:

WW2 M1 US Combat Medic Named Helmet 63rd Division

Condition:

--

Ended:

Oct 23, 2022, 10:12:10 PM EDT

Price:

US $2,714.00 (approx C $3,731.34)

Man !!!!

Did not expect it to go that high, absolutely disgusting. I hope the buyer does some research and backs out.

Burning Hazard
3 hours ago, Nickman983 said:

Wow, $2700 for a pretty obvious fake. Hope the buyer is able to come to their senses when they get it in hand and is able to get their money back.

3 hours ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Oh well. Kloss has the same right to sell as the buyer did to buy. Must be a little of that eBay fever!

Keep an eye on his eBay account, I guarantee more "originals" from the Metz market will be put again up soon for big $$$. Sadly this is the reason why so many WW2 M1 fakes exist in the first place, it's all about the money.

Pat

1 hour ago, Burning Hazard said:

Keep an eye on his eBay account, I guarantee more "originals" from the Metz market will be put again up soon for big $$$. Sadly this is the reason why so many WW2 M1 fakes exist in the first place, it's all about the money.

Pat

This is the truth Pat. The higher the $$$, the lower the integrity.

Kloss has now gotten our attention and he has proven that his reputation and integrity can be sold for the right price.

6 hours ago, Nickman983 said:

.....you can't educate stupid.

I don't feel sorry for these buyers anymore, there's just so many fakes out there and so many people and forums willing to give unbiased opinions on items but stupid is stupid does........but Kloss! ........well he had no excuse!

1 hour ago, Bugme said:

Title has been edited to better reflect this helmets current status.

Scott good shout on changing the title 👍🏻

7 hours ago, ispy said:

.....you can't educate stupid.

I don't feel sorry for these buyers anymore, there's just so many fakes out there and so many people and forums willing to give unbiased opinions on items but stupid is stupid does........but Kloss! ........well he had no excuse!

Kloss is a member here but obviously does not have the same morals and respect for history we have, I agree both are to blame but Kloss has really taken the biscuit here 

On 10/19/2022 at 3:36 PM, john k said:

Carefully examine the details of the shape of the female buckle.

I would like to see a comparison 

34 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

I would like to see a comparison 

Post #14.  Funny shape of the rounded part, odd uneven casting (in ways different from originals).  Can't exactly show a comparison since I don't have the helmet in question.

You either have integrity or you don't. Simple as that. Kloss has zero integrity and that should speak volumes to others. I disagree that it's his 'right' to sell a fake to someone nor should we muddy the waters on who he is or what he stands for. He is a crook who sells fakes as real, defends selling fake items when confronted, and is a complete con-man.