PH found in local thrift store

Gary Cain

A local guy found this in a local thrift store and brought it to me for authentification. Needless to say I told him yes it is good w00t.gif and did he want to sell it? Well he wants to spend some time with it but I did take some pictures, so here they are!

post-96-1174676538.jpg

A local guy found this in a local thrift store and brought it to me for authentification. Needless to say I told him yes it is good w00t.gif and did he want to sell it? Well he wants to spend some time with it but I did take some pictures, so here they are!

post-96-1174676563.jpg

It looks like it is from the 1938 metal Arts contract. Probably numbered in the 60-70XXX range.

Kurt

Frank_Smith
It looks like it is from the 1938 metal Arts contract. Probably numbered in the 60-70XXX range.

Kurt

Kurt - I can tell by the ribbon color and the finish on the planchet that it is a 1933 American Emblems Contract piece. Frank

Kurt - I can tell by the ribbon color and the finish on the planchet that it is a 1933 American Emblems Contract piece. Frank

Got them mixed up. :blink: you are right . The 1938 has the reddish colored thick split brooch.

Kurt

Wharfmaster

PFC Herman Wobcke was born 3-12-1894 and died 6-30-1961. He was born in California and lived in San Francisco in 1930. His remains reside in the Golden Gate National Cemetery.

The Wharfmaster

• 1 month later...
Guest jonesy

Hi everyone,

I am the local guy that found the PH in the thrift store. It was refreshing to get honest information from a dealer. Gary was nice and professional. Anyway, the number on the purple heart 44835 or 44885. Was he wounded on one of the biggest battles in WWI? Thanks, Steve

Guest jonesy

I am trying to reach Gary, for I promised him that i would if were not going to keep this medal. Is this the right place to sell this piece if Gary does not purchase? Thank's

I am trying to reach Gary, for I promised him that i would if were not going to keep this medal. Is this the right place to sell this piece if Gary does not purchase? Thank's

Just post in in the "FOR SALE" board on this forum.

• 2 years later...

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,

Chris / ADMIN

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.