Tiny POW paper group, MIA telegram and Ex-POW ID card

Siamundo

I picked up this tiny POW group over the weekend-the MIA telegram to his wife, his E-POW cord and a gasoline rationing card named to the wife. All 3 pieces were laminated at some point (perhaps by a family member?), but I have read on line that it is not too difficult to de-laminate or un-laminate items like this should I choose to do so. I had a quick question regrading the ID card as I have not picked one of these up before. Are they common? I was just curious as the card is marked that it would be collected at the Reception Camp in the the UK. I know a lot of items like this never get 'officially' turned in or surrendered. Thank you for any additional information.

DSC08051.JPG

DSC08052.JPG

DSC08055.JPG

DSC08050.JPG

DSC08054.JPG

DSC08053.JPG

I have a few of the identity cards like that one issued  after a POW was liberated.  They were printed by the British.  I believe they were issued at Camp Lucky Strike. 

Kurt

Thank you, Kurt, for the additional information about the cards. I did not know they were printed by the British nor where they were issued. Great information, I appreciate it. 

Sean

• 2 weeks later...