AUTHENTIC PERIOD ENGRAVING?

FFZFlyer

This Silver Star medal is in the possession of a friend of mine.  Roland Hartman is her father, a WWII veteran who was captured on his first day in combat in the late winter of 1945.  It is believed to have been presented sometime between the fall of 1945 and 1947.  There is no known citation and no G.O. number.  The recipient is not listed in the Military Times Hall of Valor (I know there are many who are not).  The medal is not numbered.

I would appreciate it if those with expertise in this arena would comment on the authenticity of the engraving.  Thanks for your help.

RDH Silver Star.jpg

RDH Silver Star Engraving.jpg

There's an inventory of assets attached to this court docket, but I can't view it because I don't have an account. I'm guessing (maybe?) the medal(s) are noted in the inventory. 

Screenshot_30.jpg

Unfortunately, he's not listed in the first three volumes of Gleim's Silver Star books, so I don't know what unit or GO associates with the award. Maybe he's in the 4th volume? (I don't have that one, but @KASTAUFFERdoes)

Thanks Bill! 

I checked the WD GOs for 1946-48, but didn't find him there either. Kind of odd, but obviously the award was made based on his record cards. 

EXCELLENT!!!  Thank you so very much, Dave.  This is exactly what I was hoping to get in a response.  This is all very helpful, and my friend will be pleased.

The Silver Star is mentioned in post # 6 on a document dated July 30, 1946. So the GO was earlier than 1947 I think. 

Regards

Herman