New pickup help

Outtair

Please upload the image directly, members aren't likely to want to download an extension to view these attachments

Thanks for the update, I am guessing the EGA is the M1930.  I am trying to fill in his service time. His WWII discharge is US Navy as a Chief Electricians Mate in 11/45. I found USMC Muster Rolls to 11/28. His discharge Navy is  from 2/43 to 11/45 but it also shows total service 9 years 2 months. And it said he came from Kaiser 1/42 to 2/43 as an electrician.

Tim

This was issued in the early to mid-1930's, I have records from the National Archives showing government purchase.  This hat device was used in lieu of the droop wing hat device; who's design was unpopular with elements of officer leadership (Commandant included).  The USMC sent photos to manufacturers of "standard sample" and USMC quartermaster solicited for, and purchased this style hat device along with droop wing collars in the same contract buys (aka they bought this version as a set with droop wing collars).  This is why you often see them together in attributed lots.

S/F,

Mike Manifor

• 3 weeks later...