Anything down I-81 in PA and then Frederick, MD?

Persian Gulf Command

Persian Gulf Command

I'm driving to Frederick, MD down I-81 in PA. Any place I should stop to buy WW2 items?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

John

Well, as many of us might say the 'golden years' of finding stuff are behind us now, but on occasion you can find a thing or two. Even though it's off your trail, Gettysburg does have a few places that can keep you busy....

All that being said, The Black Rose Antique Mall is in an old shopping mall off of the Scotland exit just above Chambersburg, big place....and the old antique joints and flea markets in Fayetteville (east of Chambersburg down RT 30) may yield a thing or two, you just gotta look. It ain't what it used to be, sorry to say.

Frederick also has its share of antique malls downtown, hit or miss. So have fun and good luck.

You could stop in Carlisle.

There is an antique mall there too.

81 South is not a high population area.

Hood college was always a favorite but we’re talking military.

Manchu Warrior

There are quite few antique stores in and around the city of Frederick. Old Glory was one of my favorites and they even had a couple of militaria dealers in house. It is also close to 70 on Urbana Pike I believe and if you find the Harley dealer you also found Old Glory. There is also New Market which was called and maybe still is the "Antique Capital of Maryland." The town is a little further east of Frederick on 70 going towards Baltimore. It was at one a great place to pick items but in all honesty it has been a long time since I have been out that way.  Good luck!

47 minutes ago, Manchu Warrior said:

There are quite few antique stores in and around the city of Frederick. Old Glory was one of my favorites and they even had a couple of militaria dealers in house. It is also close to 70 on Urbana Pike I believe and if you find the Harley dealer you also found Old Glory. There is also New Market which was called and maybe still is the "Antique Capital of Maryland." The town is a little further east of Frederick on 70 going towards Baltimore. It was at one a great place to pick items but in all honesty it has been a long time since I have been out that way.  Good luck!

I was at Old Glory over the summer.  Only one real militaria section right as you walk in the door, but most of it was German.  I don't think you'd find any deals there either.

My son and I scoped out several antique stores in downtown that day and it was largely a bust.

Carlisle has a few antique malls. Serendipity Antiques is just down the road from the exit, when I used to stop regularly years ago, there was a dealer there that had military, decent prices