Boots anyone?

Found some pictures last night of one of my best finds. A few years back I was digging in a warehouse with a couple of collector buddies and found a large box of WW2 USGI boots. I think it was around 1997 or 1998 and many were in unissued condition, others were in "used but not abused". Hopefully there are more hidden treasures out there. think.gif

Bfryar44

This ties in with some photos of a warehouse that I posted here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=2351

Prior to cleaning.

BAR017.jpg

BAR018.jpg

A few of the boots after cleaning.

BAR019.jpg

And some more after cleaning.

BAR020.jpg

“There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess.The undertakers are winning.The politicians who talk about the glory of it.The old men who talk about the need of it.The soldiers, well, they just wanna go home.” Jimmy Stewart in Shenandoah

donation2007.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

Skylighter, no warehouses out there that I know about. Some had some great stuff in the past but have been picked clean for the most part.

Regards,

Bfryar44

“There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess.The undertakers are winning.The politicians who talk about the glory of it.The old men who talk about the need of it.The soldiers, well, they just wanna go home.” Jimmy Stewart in Shenandoah

I have come close to that a few times over the years but never such a variety of one type item at one location. That was a great find.

I always hope for at least one more of those finds but it has been several years since my last one. I'm not sure my heart could take another find like that.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER, SADLY, HAS PASSED AWAY

Michiel,

Sold most of them to a European militaria dealer but we did manage to keep a few. ;)

Regards,

Bfryar44

I'm pretty sure some of those ended up next door.... :lol:

No doubt. :D

Bryan, Great stuff there!! I really enjoyed looking at all of your "Booty"!!

Bob

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif