What's an original m2 flamethrower worth?

LE LOUP DES MERS

LE LOUP DES MERS
On 9/16/2022 at 7:09 AM, manayunkman said:

Adding pictures will make sure this thread will have future value.

Looks fairly complete at $32,000

885B7E70-8F81-4120-87CD-7F6B56635A72.jpeg

D8897F31-7F8E-47D4-BF13-13FFB279B16E.jpeg

So flamethrowers really go for that kind of money? 

5 hours ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

So flamethrowers really go for that kind of money? 

I was just stating the obvious.

Have you done a Google search, you might find something there?

LE LOUP DES MERS

It seems like most flamethrowers go for 20ish thousand depends on how complete it is, if I had that type of money I'd probably just buy a full auto Thompson which is surprisingly not much more then a flamethrower.

Of course it's worth what someone will pay but I think that group of items is overpriced by a good margin.

First, the flame thrower isn't a WWII M2-2 but a post-war M2A1, or at least an earlier set rebuilt into an M2A1.  It's not in particularly good condition with no mention of hydro testing, which would enhance the value.  The frame, back pad, and straps can't be seen and are important details to help establish value.

Second, the auction actually contains three unrelated items, the flame thrower, a service kit for the early M1 and M1A1 flame throwers, and an M1 or M1A1 portable backpack chemical cylinder.  The service kit contains virtually no parts compatible with the M2-2 or M2A1 flame throwers and the chemical cylinder has no relationship at all with flame throwers, other than being a Chemical Corps item of issue.

Still a nice batch of Chemical Corps items for a collector.   I'd put the total value at about half of what they are asking, give or take a bit.  But I might just be old, jaded, and cheap.